PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder Pain.. worried lung ca. anyone can help?

Vida
16-06-13, 12:57
I've posted on here lately regarding other issues however my concern today is shoulder pain. It's only recently that I've been having my HA attacks that I've really worried about this.
I've had shoulder pain that comes and goes. Not daily, not weekly rather sometimes months in between. It's been about a year and a half this has gone on. I had associated it with carrying a 20 lb back pack while in nursing school. I've noticed it comes on at times not necessarily during heavy strain but when I'm in some sort of training. When perhaps I'm nervous or tense. But I don't know. Any how during my recent health anxiety fears it came up and I googled it and lung cancer came up. I have smoked for many years. Not heavy but also as a child I was heavily exposed to second hand smoke.
Do you think this could be lung cancer if it's gone on for over a year and a half?

joelhall
16-06-13, 14:03
Pain without other associated symptoms is very unlikely to be a sign of lung cancer, especially given the time this has gone on. If anything it is much more likely to be due to injury.

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

I would suggest however, stopping smoking. Early signs of lung cancers are notorious for being absent or hard to detect.

iluvdyl13
16-06-13, 22:04
When u say hard to detect do you mean by tests like an x ray for example r by the person themselves?