PDA

View Full Version : Throaty question

Dan21
05-10-06, 12:53
I'm still struggling with the feeling of having something stuck in my throat. I have read the posts and threads on here that so many people have been kind enough to direct me towards.

What I wanted to know was are there any of you who have had the globus, but rather than having the feeling in your throat like when you are about to cry or have your collar too tight, its more like you have a bit of food or something stuck?? It comes and goes and I must say that when I am able to think about other stuff, it doesnt seem too bad. This has been going on for almost a year now and I was hoping someone might convince me it's just the globus thingy doing what it does best......E.g. Scaring me half to death.

Thanks

-----------------------------
I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.

stringy
05-10-06, 16:29
Hi Dan,
Gosh I am going through exactly the same thing.I have had it for 3 months.I went to the doctor but he said there is nothing visible. I have read on the net that it can be caused thriugh anxiety. My boss aged 55 has just died of throat cancer, and just after that I got these symptons. I must admit though that after I read up on this condition on Monday it has started to ease, infact it hasn't been there at all today and that it the 1st time I have been able to swallow with ease.I believe it goes as fast as it comes.

matilda
05-10-06, 16:33
I have had it for about 4 weeks and its definately the anxiety!! I have never had it before this and its not there constantly but it does feel like something is stuck in my throat.

reddevil
05-10-06, 16:51
Hi,

Do you guys get a sore throat as thats what I'm suffering with.

Does not hurt when I swallow but it just feels sore.

Red

Dan21
05-10-06, 18:20
Thanks for the replies.

Have not had a sore throat for a good while and to be honest, I dont have much trouble swallowing, it just feels (every so often, not constant) that it feels like there is a small bit of food there. Throat has been a bit phlegmy but thats all. I wish I could stop thinking about it. I saw the doctor earlier this year and she said it was down to anxiety, I just find it hard to believe that anxiety could cause something to go on for this long.

-----------------------------
I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.

stringy
05-10-06, 18:43
Hi There again,

It is a common problem as I have read, but as I said until I read up on It I was convinced I had the dreaded C. Infact I had convince dmyself so much that I developed all sorts of other symptoms. Then I was thinking its all in my mind, but I couldn't believe that the mind could play such tricks. However it deffo eased off when I found out that it is really common.So the mind is a very powerful thing.