PDA

View Full Version : Ice cold headaches anyone?

Anxiety Jim
17-06-13, 00:32
Hi,

I've been told by my GP that I probably suffer from migraines, because of headaches that go from the back of my head over to behind my right eye.

For the last 2 weeks probably, I've been getting very cold sensations right at the top of my head, when it first happened I check to see if my head was wet, it feels just like someone pouring ice cold water onto my head.

Has anyone had this before? Is it anxiety related? OR has anyone with migraines had them?

I'm trying to steer myself away from the MS and tumour trains of thought, but it's not going too well.

clank
17-06-13, 01:32
wow this is super coincidental!!! I was just sitting here and got a cold sensation on the back left of my head and it almost set me off in a panic so i wen't to this sight and saw this post! I suffer from migraines as well, but yes, I do occasionally get the cold watery sensation on my head!

Anxiety Jim
17-06-13, 03:03
wow this is super coincidental!!! I was just sitting here and got a cold sensation on the back left of my head and it almost set me off in a panic so i wen't to this sight and saw this post! I suffer from migraines as well, but yes, I do occasionally get the cold watery sensation on my head!

That is a coincidence, I'm glad you found my post. I guess it shows us both that we're not the only ones experiencing this. Perhaps it is something to do with migraines after all if we both suffer from them.

---------- Post added at 03:03 ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 ----------

OK new addition to the symptoms list, my right cheek now has pin & needles / tingling. This can't be a migraine thing can it? :unsure:

Whatever's happening to me it's stopping me from getting any sleep, the tingling combined with the feeling of ice water being poured over me isn't the ideal condition to drift of to sleep in.

Anxiety Jim
17-06-13, 11:01
The cheek tingling has disappeared after sleeping, but the cold water feeling is still there :unsure:

sarahsarah
17-06-13, 13:23
I have had the cold water feeling on my scalp a few times recently, plus weird sensations on the left side of my face, like between tingling and numbness, though when touched I have full sensation. It's not the whole of that side of the face, just various patches, and it isnt all the time. I have also had a really nasty ear infection that is proving difficult to shift on the same side and my GP said it was all part of that.

I too often suffer from terrible Health Anxiety but in this case I am happy with the docs explanation of things and am not unduly concerned xx

clank
17-06-13, 16:55
The cheek tingling has disappeared after sleeping, but the cold water feeling is still there :unsure:

My face/body tingles all over the place. It was tingling on my right temple and cheek all yesterday