PDA

View Full Version : Diabetees Type 2 anxiety

willous1
17-06-13, 11:49
Hi

I have been really tired over the last few days. I have had a hectic few days but I mean REALLY tired. I googled and read about this. I then spoke to a friend who is 32 who has it. I have put on a bit of weight lately but am 28. Problem is I have a terrible diet but am trying to correct that. I had a blood test for everything about a year ago with nothing wrong but am paranoid. I also have had my eye test and my eyesight in my right eye went from -50 to -75 in no time at all.

Does anyone think I should worry

I also read a leaflet the other day which said about excessive drinking and having a dry mouth. Since then I have been drinking loads and have a dry mouth. Why does HA do this. I dunno whats going on but why would I suddenly feel this once I looked at the leaflet., There is not really any other explanation to this symptom., Can anyone help?

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

I hate anxiety. I am now constantly looking up symptoms. Shall I go for a test.

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

I had an eye test a couple of weeks ago. Could they have seen something??

mike83
17-06-13, 11:49
If you have undiagnosed diabetes you typically lose weight. A few days of tiredness I very much doubt is related to diabetes.

Get a free test, I saw Asda advertising one or go to GP for one.

willous1
17-06-13, 11:54
Thanks Mike, I had eye tests last year when my eyes were dialated. Could things have been spotted early then? I feel sick with worry.

mike83
17-06-13, 12:03
Not sure really, I have a diabetes eye check, they put in a liquid that stings quite a bit and it makes things look brighter, then you look at a small light on this machine and they take pictures of the eye.

I think it takes years of high blood sugar to damage your eyes so don't worry about them, you don't even know you have diabetes and from what you have said I'm pretty sure you don't. Just eat lots of low G.I foods and do some exercise 5x a week.

You might be able to buy a blood glucose machine and strips from places like boots, but easier to talk to your doctor.

willous1
17-06-13, 12:17
Thanks Mike. Im hoping its anxiety and thinking about it thats bringing the symptoms. Its a bit strange that I read the leaflet about excessive thirst then within a day im getting that symptom. I just cant stop thinking about my mouth now.

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

I have just read an article saying that it's very rare to get it in 20's and if so it is usually hereditary. I have no family members with it. Should that put my mind at ease. I know it is not a terrible thing to have and is common but I feel so fragile at the moment.

mike83
17-06-13, 13:01
Its just your mind playing tricks on you with the thirst probably. Do you need to pee a lot, like every 15mins? That's another symptom. You haven't mentioned that so you seem OK.

Type 1 is rare to get in 20's. type 2 can happen anytime but its mostly if you are overweight or old age. Having no family members with it should put your mind at ease too.

willous1
17-06-13, 17:13
Thanks. I really do hate health anxiety. I think the thirst thing and dry mouth may be in my head but is sooo real. I am panicing really bad about my mouth and keep thinking I need a drink

I am stupid for panicking so much but can anyone help. I dont know if it feels like I need a drink or its a different feeling.

PhoenixGrey
17-06-13, 18:07
I'm experiencing exactly the same thing at the moment willous... I got impetigo a few months ago and it's been downhill from there - they tested me for everything but diabetes it seems... I've just been so stressed out and now today I have a coldsore and it looks like I'm about to spend a second consecutive night crying my eyes out.

I'm afraid I don't even know what the symptoms are anymore as I've read so many but it does seem that anxiety can make you believe you have almost anything :)

AuntieMoosie
17-06-13, 18:37
Hun when they say you drink a lot with diabetes they mean drink a lot :)

I had a thirst that just no matter what I drank of how much I drank, would not go, I was drinking liters of stuff, to give you an example, I literally got through 2 bottles of concentrated orange squash in one evening! So once having been diluted, that should give you an idea of what I mean :)

Of course along with that came a million trips to the loo and passing vast amounts of urine :)

A couple of days later, I couldn't see properly, everything was blurry and out of focus and looked like I was in a kind of fog :huh:

Those were the symptoms that lead me to my doctor, who immediately suspected diabetes, blood was taken and 2 days later he rang me to tell me that my glucose levels were very high and that I was diabetic with type 2.

I never actually experienced any tiredness at all.

In any event, diabetes isn't really anything you need to be panicking about or frightened of, it's really not that big black beast that you may think it is :)

I take medication, in the form of tablets every day, have to keep an eye on what I'm eating and an eye on my weight.

My blood sugar levels are always spot on and nothing awful has ever happened to me :) I have been diabetic now for over 10 years and to be honest, if it weren't for having to go for check ups every 6 months, I really hardly ever think about it.

I agree with Mike too, in that because you're so frightened and panicky about diabetes, you're mind is hooked on it is probably playing all sorts of tricks on you.

If you're in any doubt or you want reassurance, pop along and have a chat to your doctor and ask if you can have a test if only to rule it out :hugs:

willous1
17-06-13, 19:05
Thank you so much for reply. I feel silly as even with it I would be okay. It's just that I feel so sensetive with everything at the moment.
I don't know if I'm thirsty or it's my mind playing tricks. My mouth feels a little dry. It was the tiredness that started the googling. Plus my hayfever is very annoying and making me feel irritable.