PDA

View Full Version : Worried again

hunny
05-10-06, 15:25
Hi

I had my baby girl 18 days ago,and we feel so blessed,she is wonderful and my two older children adore her

Since her birth i have felt really unwell,exhausted(of course)but really run down,breathless and have had chest pain,ringing in my ears amongst other things
The exhaustion is like nothing ive ever experienced before and the chest pain etc is really worrying me.No other mothers seemt o feel as bad as i do,and i never felt this bad after my other births

I had really frequent palps etc when pregnant and they are still here but not so many now.I had a 24 hour tape done about 6 weeks ago and they werent concerned but im worried the pregnancy and birth has put too much strain on my heart and that im going to keel over

Im terrified to leave my children,i love them so much,but what if my heart is giving up?
Hunny x

Ma Larkin
05-10-06, 15:44
Aw hunny, I can really relate to you here. When I had my 2nd baby I had the same feelings. I was absolutely convinced I had put too much strain on my heart, but my midwife and health visitor assured me that it was because of all the pushing and using muscles during labour that I wouldn't normally use. It was especially worse if I was lay down and tried to get up. I was a bugger for lying down on the settee with the baby lay on my chest, when I got up I'd get these really sharp breathless pains in my chest and back, they hurt so much I was convinced I was going to have a heart attack at any moment. It disappeared after a couple of months. It just takes a while for everything to get back to normal again, even when we have already had a baby and didn't experience it first time round.

I hope you get some reassuring answers. Ringing in your ears is common with exhaustion, I used to get funny squiggles in front of my eyes as well, but all symptoms faded.

Congratulations on the little one.

Les, xx

scoobygirl2005
05-10-06, 18:22
Hi.

Congratulations on your birth of your baby. Sorry to hear you are not feeling very well. Am sure its probably just the stress of a newborn baby around the house. If you are that worried perhaps you should go to the doctor and they could reassure you? Hope you feel better soon hun.

Scooby2005
x x

ItWillPass
05-10-06, 20:04
Hi hunny

two years ago I could have written your post myself... I have come to realize that exhaustion can do crazy things to our bodies. Also, all your hormones are totally out of control right now... Give them a few weeks to settle down and then reassess the situation. I remember the ringing in the ears also... I thought I was going mad... Just remember, it will pass... Give yourself some time just to let things settle.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
"I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance, never settle for the path of least resistance... When you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance"

"This too shall pass..."

hunny
06-10-06, 19:40
Thanks for replying

Ive never felt so bad before[|)]

Hunny x

spuds
09-10-06, 15:16
Did you have any anaesthetic/pain relief during labour? My anxiety stated when I had an operation. I had similar symptoms to you for a few months afterwards and have (harmless) ectopic beats now - I put this down to the general anaesthetic. It takes quite a while for it to get out of your system. Mkae sure you mention it at your 6 week check.

tam
10-10-06, 20:10
HI HUNNY I HAVE 3 CHILDREN AND TWO ARE TWINS WHEN I HAD THEM I HAD CHEST PAIN WHICH WENT THROUGH TO MY BACK .AFTER A FEW WEEKS IT DISSAPEARED IM SURE ITS JUST THE THINGS THAT CAN HAPPEN AFTER GIVING BIRTH.IF YOUR STILL UNSURE ASK THE MIDWIFE OR DOCTOR TO EXPLAIN MORE TO STOP YOU WORRING.YOU HAVE EVEN MORE OF AN EXCUSE TO TAKE THE HELP PEOPLE OFFER
AND ENJOY YOUR NEW BABY AND REST. CONGRATULATIONS