PDA

View Full Version : Please someone help

Caramel
17-06-13, 10:28
Hey everyone,

Posted on here a couple of times over the weekend, but not much response :weep: my panic & anxiety are totally out of control & I'm really struggling. Can't see a light at the end of the tunnel, just want it to emd.

Darbysa
17-06-13, 10:40
Hi Caramel
You do seem to be having a really bad time at the moment. I feel for you and wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. Here's a hug:bighug1:. It will get better love. I can see you feel desperate and it's hard to believe you will get through this but you will. How long have you been on the meds? They can take some time to kick in. Hopefully the CBT will help when you do get it. Have you tried any relaxation therapies such as CDs or Apps? I can highly recommend Claire Weekes books. I know it's hard but you do have to try to help yourself a bit. Small steps, one day at a time. I wish I could offer you more advice but chin up, take a deep breath and make that first step.
Sal x

Caramel
17-06-13, 12:13
Thank you for taking the time to reply Sal.Xx
Things are the worst they've ever been right now. I just tried to get an appointment with my GP and the only thi they could offer me was a phone appointment on Friday! I've just rung my local branch of Mind out of sheer desperation, so maybe they might be able to help. Waiting for a call back to see. I really feel like the services where I live for people like me are virtually non-existent.

---------- Post added at 12:13 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

Just spoken to Mind again, I have an assessment but now 'til next Monday and it miles away. I'm agoraphobic, so not sure what I'm going to do. Why does everything have to be so difficult!:scared15:

---------- Post added at 12:13 ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 ----------

Sorry for all the negatives.:blush:

gabrielle37
17-06-13, 13:42
aw im so sorry your having a rough time. x they do tend to make us wait don;t they which just adds to anx. please try and think of positive things, you will see someone soon and they will be able to help you and reassure you. our minds are so powerful and can convince us of anything , so try and relax in anyway you can to ease how your feeling. I sing it seems to help me (not that im any good at it of course).

even though you do not go out , try going outside and just walk around the garden and take your mind off things. i really hope you feel better soon. Big hugs for you. xxx

Darbysa
17-06-13, 14:13
Caramel

Hey, you've made that first step! Just making that appointment will give you something to focus on. A week does seem a long time but it will soon pass and it could be the start of your recovery. Remember that you did make it to the dentist ok even though you have had problems since. As Gabrielle says, try a little walk in the garden if you can. Don't forget, small steps!
Take care
Sal x

Caramel
17-06-13, 14:15
Thank you so much for being so lovely, it really does help. Just had to be really brave & make yet another dentist appointment for tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to get there somehow.

jackie13
17-06-13, 22:01
Hi Caramel

Hope you are ok? You WILL get better Hun! Knowledge is power, read as much as you can. I have suffered for a long time, but know I only have relapses once a year and they only last a week or so, they are getting less frequent due to the knowledge about anx.

You will be fine, relax, accept and try and find a distraction:)

Jackie xx