PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack at school

Evilenko
17-06-13, 12:03
I just came back from school after having the worst panic attack of my life. I don't know what triggered it cause I was completely fine before leaving home! But as soon as I stepped in school my leg started to feel numb and my heart was beating so fast I thought I was going to faint, then I couldn't breathe and asked the cordinator to call my mom to pick me up immediately. She was mad at me for waking her up, but anyway, she said it's probably my hatred towards that school (I flunked and shouldn't be doing high school anymore, so I can't stand that place) that is triggering those panic attacks. What do you guys think? It couldn't be social phobia because I feel ok when at other places. By the way, I wasn't going to school because of the frequent panic attacks, but when I decided to go back to it this happens. Please give me your opinion, everyone.

Caramel
17-06-13, 12:11
Hmm, it could be because of your history with thschool. Xx if you're going in feeling angry antway, it might be triggering things subconsciously. You said you haven't been because of panic attacks,did they happen at school too? If so, it might be that your mind has associated school as a place where panic happens and so creates the fight or flight response. What you might need to do is gradually reintroduce yourself back into school, small steps at a time, so that your mind learns it isn't a threat to be there. Is there a good tutor you can confide in?

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

Oh and well done for going back in the first place-that was brilliant!:hugs:

Evilenko
17-06-13, 14:59
Uhm hey, I don't mean to sound cynical, but was that last line of yours supposed to be sarcasm? The icon confuses me, but I'm really trying to finish school you see, this is ruining my life and destroying my chances to get a job, I was turned down even at the worst jobs for not having finished high school yet. Anyway, that was the first time I've had a panic attack outside my own house, this is why I got so scared, perhaps I didn't want everyone to notice I was in panic as it turned out to happen.

Caramel
17-06-13, 15:50
No! That's a hug! No one would ever be sarcastic here xxxxx

Evilenko
17-06-13, 16:06
Oh dear, sorry for being so harsh :( I wasn't thinking right at the moment, but thanks for the support, really! Everyone else is saying I'm faking it to quit school, but I don't see how anyone could act as disgusting as this, to the point of taking advantage of this torturing condition for such a selfish reason.

Caramel
17-06-13, 16:13
That's quite alright, just wanted you to know that veryone cates about you here xxx Unfortunately, other people who haven't experienced this hell we live with will always find it very difficult to understand what you are going through, so try not to listen to them. It's not their fault, they just haven't been through it is all.

You should feel so proud of the fact that you're doing what you can to get a good education. :) I hope you won't let this get in your way -you can do this!:yesyes:xxx

Evilenko
17-06-13, 17:01
Thank you so much for taking your time to reply my thread, it really means a lot! Oh, and I just realised what happened, I'm guessing the smiles don't work on cellphones so that's why the face you selected appeared to be like "duh", but now I'm seeing it's a hug :hugs: I'm sending this one to you as well, haha.

Caramel
17-06-13, 18:01
Oh lol!!!! Stupid phones!! You are more than welcome - it's what we're all here for. If anyone understands how you are feeling, it's the people on this forum. xx