PDA

View Full Version : my daughter moving away

tricia56
17-06-13, 12:55
hi not sure if this the right place to talk to any one but my econd eldest daughter is moving away up to scotland the first of july with her husband and my 2 grandchildren because they want abetter life for them and their children and im heart broken i dont want her to go i will miss her teribly even tho i dont see her much but she was always there for me if i needed her.i just keep thinking i will never see her or my 2 grandchildren again as im too scared to travel and its 350 miles away from me and because i lost costody of my eldest daughter 35 yrs ago to my ex husband who also lives in scotland and i never here or see her or my other grandchildren i just feel that the same thing will happen with my other daughter even tho she has said that would never happen ,i know i have my other children around me but i just feel ive lost yet another daughter and how will i cope with it . i dont even want to go and say goodbye because i know i will just break dsown and i dont want her to see me do that . i want her to be happy just dont know how to cope with it wnen she has gone

Spot-the-frog
17-06-13, 13:02
Just because you don't see your other daughter doesn't mean you will lose this daughter too. She has said that she won't lose contact with you and you have to believe her, have you asked her if she will come to you for holidays? It isn't the end of the world. I used to live in the north of Scotland and my family were in Berkshire, we rang each other all the time and they came to visit me.

Sending big :bighug1:

tricia56
17-06-13, 13:10
i know its not the end of the world and i do want my children to be happy and we all have to make choices in life. i havent asked her yet if she will come and visit me maybe she will i dont know, maybe im just bieng selfish and over reacting . i supose i have to learn to let go no matter how hard it is

Annie0904
17-06-13, 14:05
My son lives in London (4 hour drive from me) and my daughter was in Canada for a year but I speak to them on Skype a lot. In fact I think I spoke to my daughter more when she was in Canada more than I do now that she is only 7 miles away!

smartie76
17-06-13, 20:16
Do use Skype, you will feel as if she is the same room almost, as you will be able to both see and hear her. I had a friend who moved to Bahrain for a couple of years, and we "skyped" each other all the time. Now she is home again, I feel we see less of her!!
Its easy to download onto your PC's, and it is free for both of you. I know it is not the same, but at least you will feel you can still see her and your grandchildren.
Hopefully they will come down to see you in person too. Take care, and I do hope it all works out well for you .

katyjohnstone
17-06-13, 21:27
hi I had the same thing happen to me in feb this year my daughter partner and two grandchildren moved ouyt of my house to their own house I miss them like mad and it will get easier but it takes time I am still coming to terms with them going sand I miss them but they have to go on and live their own lives as much as we don't want them to

Rennie1989
17-06-13, 22:38
I can understand why you feel like you're losing your daughter, seeing as you lost your other. Just remember that you WILL see her again, and you WILL see your grandchildren. Maybe you could Skype once a week or fortnight?

From the daughter's point of view I moved away from Kent to London, OK not a large distance like yours but my mum was upset to see me go. I'm her only daughter and eldest child so it was hard for her. We used to text constantly for days but now not so much. It gets easier, I promise.

tricia56
17-06-13, 22:57
hi thk you all for your support and my daughter has foned me today we had a good chat and she is going to come down and visit me when ever she can and will fone me every week and im looking at downloading skype so thk u all