PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone :) x

MinnieeMouse-x
17-06-13, 19:20
I'm new here and just wanted to say Hello :)

I am having a bit of trouble getting my anxiety sorted so was hoping to find some information and advice here :)

lots of love

Minniee xx

lalalaaa
17-06-13, 19:46
Hello, I'm new here too - just joined today! :D

Like you, I have anxiety. It's not pleasant at all! I wrote an introduction earlier about the symptoms I get and it leaves you feeling a bit lost on how to deal with it, right?

Personally, the advice I would give would be to try and think of things positively once you fulfil them - I am going to try and set myself goals and at first, I might not achieve the goal but gradually, I hope I will! Maybe writing a diary or a "goal list" will help you to be determined to overcome the anxiety.

Another thing that I'm currently finding helpful is exercise and walking. Adrenaline builds up loads whenever you get anxious but exercising helps produce endorphins to make you feel a bit better and refreshed. Deep breathing may also help you and is a really discreet way of dealing with panic attacks and anxiety. You could try herbal remedies or see a counsellor or local doctor if you feel like you'd rather talk to someone about your feelings - there are many techniques available, it's just trying to find the one that helps you the most! (Which is EXACTLY what I'm finding out for myself right now so you're definitely not alone! :))

X

Mark13
17-06-13, 19:56
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

MinnieeMouse-x
17-06-13, 20:09
Thanks for the replies :)

and thanks for the advice lalalaa, I am hoping to be able to speak to my doctor about it at some stage so I can get some sort of counselling or other talking therapy but it is hard work :/

lalalaaa
17-06-13, 21:11
Yeah I can totally understand! I've been offered counselling but I don't know if I feel comfortable talking to a stranger about it - I'd rather talk to say, a member of family or someone close who is very understanding.
I'm Zoe :) nice to meet you!! Don't give up! X