PDA

View Full Version : Headaches... whiplash?? worried again!

kittenface
17-06-13, 20:30
Hi all,

I feel a bit silly, as i've had to have the day off work today and I have a feeling that it's my anxiety flaring up - but as always I like to think the worst.

I've been quite unlucky lately (and i'm incredibly clumsy :doh:). I play sport, and 3 weeks ago I dislocated my shoulder for the second time in three months, so tat's been a struggle. Then on Friday I had a fall down some stairs, i didn't really hurt anything, but i'm covered in bruises all over and I think I jarred my neck. So last night my neck started getting really stiff and I had tension in my shoulders and jaw.

I couldn't get to sleep and began getting the old anxiety symptoms - tingling in arms and legs, nausea, heart racing. I woke up at 4am with a really bad headache on the right side and at the base of my head, and got so upset as it just threw me back to when I first had anxiety and didn't know what was wrong with me - then i had a constant headache for about 3 months which was the worst time of my life. So every time I get a headache with other anxiety symptoms I panic it's coming back again.

Do you think this is all just anxiety or could I have really hurt myself in the fall? My boyfriend massaged my neck and I could feel the exact pressure point in my neck that was related to the pain in my head.

I still feel tingly and nauseous and m heart is beating too fast. I just really want to avoid falling into a bad cycle of anxiety again :weep:

Any help would be hugely appreciated,

Love Kittenface
xxxXXXxxx

Jimmy28
17-06-13, 21:48
Neck problems can give you head pains indeed. Where is your pain located?