PDA

View Full Version : help needed and info- loop recorder

mrsnobody
17-06-13, 21:34
hi

sorry I haven't been on here for a while. ive been trying to cope with going back to work. iam still worried about daft things. got in a state with myself on Saturday over the fact the hairdresser cut my hair not straight.

iam due to have my first- first steps appointment tomorrow.

next Thursday iam due to have a loop recorder implanted and iam really worried incase things go wrong. has anyone had one fitted and does it really hurt afterwards- iam a wimp when it comes to pain.

sorry if iam ranting but iam no good a typing/writing

:scared15:

to top it off it feels like iam getting electric shock/sooting pain in back of my head, right side behind ear

hheavenlyangel
18-06-13, 04:40
:weep: aww Mrsnobody. That shooting pain sounds like its coming from your anxiety, your shoulders most likely are really tense. I get that feeling often - its not very nice. I was convinced I had something much worse once. Since I have done CBT I find I think more rationally about most things these days - I still have my moments though.

Im not sure what a loop recorder is and am interested to know. Im sure everything will be fine. :flowers:

mrsnobody
18-06-13, 20:29
hi

a loop recorder is a heart monitor implanted under my skin in the chest. the hospital haven't given me any info. I just know that bit because I googled it- which didn't help. iam glad the cbt helped for you, its good to hear that its helped someone. oftren its only the bad things you here. my cbt point of contact has turned out to be a friends sister so iam not sure if I should continue. iam trying hard not to find fault with myself and worry but its hard

mrsnobody
23-06-13, 21:13
not long to go now. the wait is terrible

mrsnobody
04-07-13, 19:23
had loop recorder fitted. now iam worried it may move under my skin and bust a vein etc. I know I should trust the doctors but I carnt get the thought out of my head that it will cause some damage. I keep looking on bad side of things. I wouldn't be going through this if hospital hadn't lost my ecg recordings/notes

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

does anyone know if it can move

mrsnobody
12-07-13, 20:09
just a up date incase anyone else ever needs one of these (loop recorder)

the recorder is roughly 2 1/2 inch long- looks like a pen drive

its is implanted under a local anestic

to my shock it has been put under the skin on the top of my left boob

you can go home within 2 hours

the pain after is bad - it hurt s to walk, sleep etc as anything that makes your chest wobble hurts

I don't know if its normal to have it there but I carnt talk to anyone else that's had one

joelhall
12-07-13, 21:04
Pretty standard to have it placed on the left side of the chest. Because the incisions go through several layers, the pain can last a while and is pretty uncomfortable. I'm not aware of any cases where they have caused serious problems, as it's a fairly routine implantation and safe to have in. Good luck with everything! :)

mrsnobody
13-08-13, 14:43
had implant but its in the wrong place and causing a lot of pain, having to have it moved on thursady to correct site