PDA

View Full Version : anyone given up antidepressants totally??

crosser
18-06-13, 08:46
ive been on antidepressants for 15 years and have always felt like they made me feel like I wasn't myself and side effects sometimes worse than what your trying to stop... just wondered if anyone has just give up meds full stop?? and how you found the experience?

cazzy
18-06-13, 09:00
i was on diazepam for 4 years and the withdrawel was terrible , im stil craving now and give into 1 yesterday , i been taking fluoextine for 10 years , im dreading the time i need to come off them , i think you got to be mentally motovated and know when your ready and give it go slllooowwwwlllllyyyy . would like to hear off you what meds you on and if you attend on comming off them please .

challoir
18-06-13, 09:22
Hi crosser,
I gave up all medication 2 years ago, I was on valium and xanax, for 33yrs but never used them regularly, only when absolutely necessary.
It took the realisation that the comedown side effects were actually worse than the actual panics, that allowed me to give them up. And I've never looked back. Even in panics, I dont look for them, and it does feel good.
If you do consider giving up, I would suggest doing it with the doctors advice, and have some therapy in place to help you cope with the upheaval.
The anxiety will probably rise initially, then fall, then rise then fall, untill you manage to get back to your normal.
I found the experience challenging, but a good one, as I just feel so much more connected to the world around me.
Hope that helps

C
xxx