PDA

View Full Version : Struggling big time

mrsgh
18-06-13, 10:26
Hello all,

I am currently having a really bad time with my HA which had been kind of under control for about 5 years no idea why! I developed a twitch on the palm of my hand about 1 month ago and we're off again but this feels worse than I ever remember. I have been to see an ortho who says ulnar nerve irritation and I have had a nerve conduction test which shows some irritation and the consultant also did an emg on a few areas as he knew I was concerned about mnd. He says no worries. But now my hands are achy and sore I'm exhausted and thinking my arms are weak and I have twitches all over and more i the same hand. Doctor has had me on Valium and betablockers for weeks now, went back yesterday and he also prescribed sertraline which I'm not going to take. We are going on holiday on Sunday which is freaking me outminthink I'm going to spoil the holiday and I keep thinking I'd be better leaving everyone because I can't deal with the thought of the kids if I do have something awful. Can anyone relate, talk me down?

ItchyOne
18-06-13, 14:09
Hi, I suppose if your doc says it's alright, then it is alright. :)
I had a bad twitch on the top of left eyelid few months back. It only twitches when I lay down so I got those bouts of HA whenever I try to sleep. It went on for a few weeks until one day it went away just as quietly as it came. I can't explain why but I'm glad it's gone. I can understand why you are anxious because I was just as anxious as you are when I had those twitches. Don't worry it will go away.