PDA

View Full Version : On to brain tumor worry :( why do we always end up here?

clank
18-06-13, 22:41
I just realized that every single hypochondriac will eventually get stuck on the thought of a brain tumor and i guess my time is now :(

-I have head pains, everywhere.
-i noticed my memory as been extremely bad
-i have slight nausea
-i have tons of muscle twitches. Maybe due to weightlifting?
-i have bad body trembles, one of those things where you holy body twitches
-my have fuzziness everywhere, mainly left hand and all over my face and head
-i can't even type normally, and someties i cant even pronounce my words
-inanimate objects look like they are moving slightly up and down (symptom that has been terrifying me the most out of them all
-i have extreme tiredness. All day every day, can never stop yawning
-failed my vision field test (one with a button and flashing lights) the first time, past it with an O.K score the 2nd time. trying again tomorrow
-flashing lights, floaters, ect. Was seen by a doctor so its nothing retinal.
- standing dizziness almost everytime i stand up
- I don't have any extreme nausea, vommiting, extreme head aches or anything of that matter.

I just don't know why my mind must lead to the thought of a brain tumor. I don't know why i developed this feeling that inanimate objects are moving.
I am totally terrified and feel so hopeless in this situation.

Have you ever worried about a brain tumor? What were the symptoms and did you get checked out by a doctor and ended up perfectly ok? I need reassurance badly. Thank you all

nomorepanic
18-06-13, 22:49
If it is any help we have not had one single person post about thinking they have a brain tumour and it turned out to be true.

anxious_thoughts
18-06-13, 23:11
Hello Clank, I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Just like you, I also have very bad brain tumour anxiety, for many many years, but most recently seem to be getting worse.

My symptoms are very wide-spread, and aren't constant but happen many times a day.
I have:
- Head pains, that especially worsen when I lie on my sides
- dizziness only when anxious
- cloudy feeling in head
- twitching
- eye problems such as flashes, floaters, and few others that are hard for me to explain
- problems with pronunciation
- face sometimes feel stiff
- shooting head pains that come and go in seconds
- ear clicking when I swallow, also just pain in ears, sometimes a muffling sound or wooshing
- eyes always feel dried or tired
- when I look down I get dizzy, forehead starts hurting, eyes feel weird, and I get a spacey feeling.

I went to a walkin clinic and they did a neurological test on me, checked my BP, and did blood tests and I was fine. He said anxiety. My symptoms can go without bothering me usually when I'm keeping myself busy, although I costantly have the head pains when looking down, and laying on my sides which drives me nuts. I have a doctors appointment with my family doctor this coming monday, so nervous! Have you gone to the doctors?

clank
19-06-13, 23:59
Well I went do the eye doctors today. Got my glasses, but was told I have blind spots in my right eye. The doctor didn't know what was wrong with me so is sending me for future testing. They say I shouldn't worry but of course I'm going to worry. Something neurological could be causing my vision to be like this.

If I was farsighted in my right eye at birth, then I have no problems! but if I somehow randomly developed this, then something is definitely wrong for sure.

Everything is adding up to a tumor. First all these symptoms, then the doctor telling me she doesn't know whats wrong with me, and sending me for further tests. Its just scary. I am scared of my mind. Day by day the motion of inanimate objects gets worse.

I am so terrified I don't even know what to do with myself anymore.

joelhall
20-06-13, 11:00
Scotomas are not often associated with brain tumours, other than in some cases of very specific types. Usually these blind spots are related to damage to the eye or optic nerve itself. Judging by your symptoms, you should ask for blood work to be carried out, to check B12, electrolyte and phosphates. A brain tumour doesn't sound likely the way you described your symptoms.
You mention weight lifting. This could cause some of the neurological effects, especially if you have slipped into overtraining. Remember to eat plenty of protein and healthy fats, and enough mineral-containing foods while placing resistance stress on the body. Overtraining syndrome, particularly Addisonic (named after Addison's disease due to the similarity of symptoms - which I'll hasten to add you don't have!) can make you feel pretty grotty, pretty much like panic attacks.

clank
21-06-13, 16:32
Two days ago i started getting muscle spams/ twitches in my thigh, and ankle. I can't help to notice that my legs don't feel right. They feel weak and get tired when just walking up the stairs.

I am so convinced that something is neurologically wrong.

joelhall
21-06-13, 17:28
That doesn't sound like neurological disease, twitches and weakness are a pretty vague symptom linked to a vast number of things, and usually nothing at all.

clank
21-06-13, 22:27
All my symptoms can relate to anxiety, but nothing explains the moving of inanimate objects. Which is the scariest one of them all

joelhall
22-06-13, 09:56
Tat is a symptom of anxiety also.

clank
22-06-13, 19:15
Maybe it's not a tumor maybe it's something else that's neurological. If the eye doctor DIdnt expect something was wrong then she wouldn't of sent me for more testing. And I'm dreading the day I go for more testing because who knows what they will find wrong with me

clank
23-06-13, 18:16
legs feel really weak too

nomorepanic
23-06-13, 18:17
Sounds like anxiety to me

aggiecuttler
23-06-13, 18:55
try not to worry unless there is something to worry about, brain tumour symptoms vary depending on location, mine was in frontal lobe, terrible headaches\pain, vomiting, and personality changes, and stumbling about if in doubt check it out, brain tumours are quite rare so try not to worry yourself blessings

wilky1
23-06-13, 22:05
the first two comments u can 100% relate too, i could have wrote them myself !!! its an awful feeling i wake up every morning thinking its the day im going to die ! i feel so alone but tgis group is making me realise how many people are having the same thoughts and feelings z