PDA

View Full Version : Constant palpitations

Ats666
19-06-13, 14:20
I am worrying myself sick, I was doing ok, but can feel myself getting scared as I feel I am going to have a heart attack. I have had palpitations for about 8 weeks now NAND they are drivin me insane. They had settled down a bit although I was getting them daily, but this last week they appear to be constant, had ECG about 8 weeks ago which was normal and bloods were ok but I have been taking propranolol since then. So scared again, I just want to be normal again. Any tips on how to reduce them. I also saw my gp Monday who just thinks they are a manifestation of my anxiety, so why can't I accept that. :weep:

KeeKee
19-06-13, 15:26
I was in a very similar position to you, then I simply asked my doctor upfront if he believed there was anything physically wrong with me, he said no. O trust him a massive amount and my palpitations have seriously reduced. I still get around 1-3 a day but they don't scare me half as much as they did. I still worry about a heart attack too especially whrn I awake through the night but is no longer unmanageable. Good luck and trust your doctor.

lisad1977
19-06-13, 15:27
hi I to suffer palps every day I get get fast heart beat and loads palps I get scared they r horrible, I get short breath dizzy and feelsick do u get any symptoms from them.

nomorepanic
19-06-13, 15:39
see my reply here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=137088