PDA

View Full Version : Booked doctors appt scared

Munchlet
19-06-13, 16:09
Hi

Well I've just spoken to my doctor and I've got to go in on Monday to see him so he can check my moles/freckles for me.

I am absolutely terrified. I'm pretty sure they've not changed, my husband says that they haven't and if they have it certainly isn't anything noticeable but I'm thinking that some of these moles could be melanoma and they've spread.

The mole I'm most worried about is about the size of a 5p but it's been there as far back as I can remember, but I have a few tiny little spots not sure if they are moles or freckles they are completely flat and mid brown but a couple of them look like they have a bit of a red tinge, which it's difficult to be sure of because they are so small, but again I'm thinking Melanoma.

I've started sertraline so hoping that in a few days I might start to calm down.

I googled this stupidly and I'm thinking what if it's melanoma growing under the skin and I can't see it :weep:

nck44
19-06-13, 16:52
good luck. google is the worse thing existing when you are worried. I should know

RosieXXX
19-06-13, 17:46
Hello munchlet,

I can imagine how you are feeling - the anticipation of your visit to the doctor will be far worse than when you are actually there. Health anxiety is full of 'what ifs', and worse case scenarios. I am waiting for a smear test result, imagining all sorts and finding it quite hard. As difficult as it is try to put all these doubts on the back burner.

I am sure your doctor will be able to put your mind at ease - meantime remember your husband has been keeping an eye on these moles too, and for certain he would have noticed if there were any changes - there is no way he is going to take any chances with your health.

Try your very best not to check them anymore - just wait now until you see the doctor - if you need reassurance ask your husband to have a look for you again - perhaps limiting it to twice a day - before bedtime, so you can relax a little, and first thing in the morning, so you can begin the day more positively. I know how hard it is for you - be kind to yourself - don't torture yourself with google. x