PDA

View Full Version : beta blockers, propranolol????

absdw
19-06-13, 19:00
So, I had a panic attack like nothing I'd had in years, years ago physical attacks were a regular thing, bad shakes teeth/jaw uncontrollably chattering, it was horrendous. Since then, years of experience with them, medication and cbt it's been more what I'd describe as mental ones, just my head going. So since that bad one I've lost all confidence and petrified me,anxiety levels been through the roof since. I used to carry diazepam with me in case of bad attacks, but I'm now allergic to all benzodiazepines (long story), so I've been given beta blockers, but I'm even anxious to take them. I'm hoping they'll relieve the physical symptoms and help calm me (I also take fluoxetine)

So I'm looking for reassurance hopefully!!! Has anyone any experience of beta blockers being helpful?

Thanks guys

flossie
19-06-13, 19:42
Hi. I have taken Propranalol for many years for anxiety and find them very helpful.
There is a section on the forum especially for medication which you may find interesting.
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=7

AuntieMoosie
19-06-13, 19:47
I have been on propranolol for many years too and like flossie, I have always found them to be very helpful with panic symptoms :)

Tessie28
19-06-13, 20:38
Agree with that, and I too take with Prozac.

Pipkin
19-06-13, 22:52
Me too. I also take them when I need them and they're great for the physical symptoms.

Pip

BikerMatt
19-06-13, 22:55
Yep me too they work great for the physical symptoms.