PDA

View Full Version : Duloxetine

inajam
19-06-13, 20:04
Hi all. First time poster and v nervous. I am due to switch to Duloxetine from Citalopram for GAD, SAD and Depression tomorrow and am really scared/anxious and concerned about how it it may affect me :unsure:. Also has anyone got any positives they can provide me with?

(I was thinking of starting a daily blog of how it goes for me and wondered if anyone would be interested?.)

Stormsky
19-06-13, 20:08
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=133194
Here's a thread diary of a user...may interest you.
:)

inajam
19-06-13, 20:47
Thanks Stormsky. I had hoped that using this forum might help me, so if I want to post how i feel etc do you add to other similar threads or not at all?:confused:

Stormsky
19-06-13, 20:50
You can start your own thread diary of your progress..
And comment on any other people's threads... Totally up to you, there's no right or wrong...:D

inajam
19-06-13, 20:54
Oh thanks Stormsky thats good to know and makes me feel a bit better about talking about myself being on here!:)

Stormsky
19-06-13, 20:59
Anything that you want help with, just start a thread, lots of people here to help...
Or indeed you could carry on this thread with any concerns...

inajam
20-06-13, 10:26
So, here goes nothing. Finished my 2 weeks on just 10mg of citalopram (be on 20mg for over 12 months) and now popping my first 30mg blue and white capsule of duloxetine . I think i am prepared for anything thanks to other threads/posts on here, whether I can cope with them is another thing, fingers crossed!!! :scared15:

inajam
21-06-13, 09:13
So after first pill no dramatic effects to report good or bad apart from not being able to sleep properly last night. Expect to be tired today:sleep: Obviously very early days, so popping number 2 down the hatch and will see how I go today. Thanks for reading.

inajam
22-06-13, 12:24
So, yesterday saw me feeling really drained as I expected and also with no appetite until the evening. I felt a little on edge and down maybe due to lack of sleep and no food, however I couldn't sleep during the day either. I did sleep a little better last night even if it was rather broken.
Popped number 3 today !

inajam
23-06-13, 09:17
Hi. I was feeling tired yesterday although not enough to sleep during the day. I again didnt sleep particularly well as it was mainly broken and this was despite taking on 3.75mg zopiclone to help. I am hoping the sleep problems wear off as i get used to the meds. I also had pretty much no appetite all day until around 7pm when i got quite hungry. Other than that (touch wood), so far i haven't had any other side effects. Popped number 4 today !

Kim51
23-06-13, 09:40
Well done fingers crossed it seems to be going ok no severe effects. Hope it continues like this and is beneficial to you :hugs:

inajam
24-06-13, 09:52
Yesterday I was weary again as I expected and again not much of an appetite although ate late afternoon and that was it, which isn't really like me. Unfortunately, again i had a very broken nights sleep which has left me feeling a bit down today as i obviously can't tolerate crap sleep at all, and that was after taking 2x3.75mg of zopiclone !! Hadn't noticed but some constipation had been sneaking up on me so that was difficult (lactoluse tonight me thinks!).

Anyone know if the sleeping problems disappear after a while and if so how long? Thanks for reading

inajam
28-06-13, 09:00
So just over a week in. Appetite not too bad but still having sleep problems, my anxiety has gone up a bit, my mood has dropped and I seemed to have a n episode of blurry vision yesterday. I am also feeling a little 'out of sorts' don't quite feel myself or how I did before I started taking the tablets anyway. so overall not very good and feel really down about it especially after a positive start. :sad::sad: Will carry on and hope things improve.

inajam
01-07-13, 12:10
after 10 days mood has dropped now, still constipated, anxiety the same if not a little worse and don't really like it when I have to go out anywhere, not much energy or desire for anything and sleep isn't great. Over all not really what i had hoped for although i keep telling myself it is early days. Anyone give me any hope of when improvement might appear??:weep:

inajam
07-07-13, 12:13
just over a fortnight now at 30mg and thought i was through the start up effects but now feeling low and anxiety has increased the last couple of days, does anyone know if this is to be expected and will pass please?:weep: