PDA

View Full Version : Operation!!

Laura1989
19-06-13, 20:39
I had my operation today!

For those who know I am deaf in one ear and have struggled with my hearing for a long time.
Well this afternoon I had an operation to have a hearing aid implanted into my skull!!

I was very nervous in the lead up to it and had some panic attacks on the day, but I got through it and I'm now laid in my bed, feeling a bit hungry but feeling good otherwise!

Got hardly any pain at all but they are keeping me in overnight just to monitor me and so they can sort my bandages out for me in the morning. I'll then be going home tomorrow lunchtime/afternoon and resting up!
I'm off work for 2 weeks so got plenty of time to chill out!

I'm very proud of myself for going through with it and how I coped. Although I had a couple of panic attacks, I dealt with the brilliantly and used my CBT to help me cope :) :yesyes:

Annie0904
19-06-13, 20:47
Laura you have a right to be proud of yourself...well done!! That took some courage :yahoo: I wish you a speedy recovery x

Laura1989
20-06-13, 12:36
Thank you Annie!!

I am at home now in bed recovering well it seems, very tender and a bit sore where the magnetic plate is inside my head!

I was a bit teary today, I have been through a lot to get to where I am today and was very relived its all over now and I got through it! :)

Annie0904
20-06-13, 13:10
It is quite normal to be teary after an operation, the pain killers can sometimes have that effect on you. Relax for a few days and be kind to yourself :) I hope you feel better soon. :hugs::hugs:

Magic
20-06-13, 14:38
Take care Laura, sending you hugs:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Granny Primark
20-06-13, 16:56
Well done!:D
Pse keep us informed how things are going.xxxx

Laura1989
20-06-13, 18:16
I will do thank you all :)

I am being looked after by my wonderful boyfriend who is currently running round and doing everything for me so I don't have to move a muscle! (Could get used to this!) haha! :shades:

Still fragile emotionally, things keep coming back to me from the last 24 hours and I get a bit teary but its to be expected! I'll be fine in a couple of days time! :yesyes:

BobbyDog
21-06-13, 21:12
Aww Laura, you should have let us know, you are such a brave girl.x I am so pleased that you have a wonderful support network of people who love and care for you. Hope you are well enough to come to meet at the end of the month.
lots of love,
sarah.x

Laura1989
21-06-13, 21:46
It all happened so quickly I'm sorry Sarah! I literally got the call about a week and a half before the op on Wednesday so everything got manic!

It all went well though, I'm really looking forward to seeing you all at the end of the month and filling you all in! Haven't got my actual hearing aid yet, I won't get that for about a month but can feel a difference already (who knew that the toilet flush was so LOUD!) haha!

I hope you are well, looking forward to seeing you soon :) x x x

Sparkle1984
22-06-13, 10:38
I'm pleased the operation went well and I wish you a speedy recovery. :) How is your anxiety these days?

Laura1989
22-06-13, 10:57
Thank you Sparkle!

Erm....it is not too bad these days. I still have my 'moments' but I am able to manage them without medication and using the CBT stuff I have.

The last 2 weeks or so have been particularly bad with the operation coming up and everything but I am proud of how I have coped.

My life in general has settled down and I am a lot happier so the anxiety takes a back seat most of the time. :) I have dealt with a lot of the issues I had from my last relationship, and finally been able to draw a line under that with the help of my friend and start afresh :)

Sparkle1984
22-06-13, 11:51
It is good that your anxiety is much more manageable and that you're happier now. :) I've never had to have an operation but I know I'd be very anxious if I did, so you should be proud of how you coped.

Unfortunately I suffered a bad relapse about a month after coming off citalopram, so a few weeks later I decided to go back on them as things seemed to be getting worse. I'm making progress but I'm still not quite back to how I was at the start of this year. I'll get there one day! :)

Laura1989
22-06-13, 13:30
Aww I'm sorry to hear that Sparkle, you will get there! Keep positive! :) :hugs:

There was a time when I thought I was going to have to go and ask to go back on the citalopram, but when I actually had the courage to go back to my Doctor, I realised I felt a bit better and decided to try without it.

There's plenty of ups and downs but we will get there eventually won't we! :)