PDA

View Full Version : I'm New

Amber
05-10-06, 21:36
Hi, I have been reading the site for months and thought would introduce myself! This site is fantasic. I have suffered from anxiety/panic for about 5 years now and have just started taking cipramil. I was always scared of meds before but it got so bad that I had to try it (at my wits end) The doc prescribed me 20mg a day but I felt ...... awful so I cut them in half to 10mg and they have helped a fair bit so far! Not saying they have cured me but they have taken the edge off things especially at work! Still struggling though!
Does anyone know more about these meds? IS THERE EVER A CURE FOR ANXIETY?
Amber x x[:X]

Piglet
05-10-06, 21:54
A big welcome to the site :D

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

honeybee3939
05-10-06, 22:25
Hi Amber and a Big Warm welcome to you,

Like you i take Cipramil and have taken them for a few years, they do take the edge off the anxiety, i started on 10mg for a few weeks then went onto 20mg that way i didnt seem to get any real bad side affects, since taking the medication my symptons of panic have been alot less and i feel more relaxed. Anxiety can be beaten there are many success stories from people on this site who have beaten it.

LOve

Andrea
xxx

mad_shell66
06-10-06, 15:23
hi amber

welcome to no more panic

this is a great place to come for support, meeting new friends, and information

shellxx

manmoor
06-10-06, 15:49
Hi Amber,

A big warm welcome to you. You will get lots of advice here and meet new friends.

Take Care

Mandyxx

scoobygirl2005
06-10-06, 18:36
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here!

Scooby2005
x x

trac67
06-10-06, 18:54
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

twiglet
06-10-06, 19:33
Hi amber,

this is a great site. you'll get lots of support on here. and makes some good friends too....

take care,
love twiglet xxx

ceecee
06-10-06, 20:41
hi amber welcome to the forum you,ll find loads of friends here who know exactly what you are going through!!!!
take care rachel x

wobily_lin
07-10-06, 01:32
Hi Amber,

A big welcome to the site. Nice to have you on board hun.

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Granny Primark
07-10-06, 08:21
Hi amber,

Welcome to this site.
You ask if there is ever a cure for anxiety. To be honest i just think that some people are naturally anxious people and that they are born that way. But i do think that with knowledge, support and understanding that there are ways of coping with it better.
I really hope that this site helps you as much as it has helped me.

Take care
LYNN xx

chelsea
07-10-06, 09:36
Hi amber,

Welcome to nmp forum.

Take care

xxxxxxxx

donna

nomorepanic
07-10-06, 14:13
Hi Ray

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Yes there is a cure but it comes from within you I am afraid to say. But you can do it!

Nicola