PDA

View Full Version : Really fed up of anxiety controlling me

pinky2681
19-06-13, 21:19
On waiting list for cbt but I'm so fed up of being ruled by my silly brain. Why am I torchuring myself, constantly thinking "what if.."

I've had a good day or 2 finally stopped hyperventalaying after about 2 months of constantly feeling out of breath until someone mentioned asthma attack today so suddenly I can't breath properly again and have been taking my inhalers like a mad woman.

Feel stressed all the time, constantly worried I'm dying the ironic thing is today i thought if I did die at least I wouldn't be panicking about dying.

I'd go back to my.Gp but he'd just give me pills which I darent take...I mean I struggle to take paracetamol never mind anything serious.

I darent laugh because I get slightly breathless (how daft is that) I darent cry for the same reason. I feel trapped inside my own cycle of thoughts.

Ive read all the tips on how to help and the 'ive come out the other end' stories...I want to be the one writing the storey about how I over come it.

The most annoying thing is only I can help myself get over this ME I wish someone else could do it for me, id pay them! If only.

Listening to a song today which said "feel the rain on your skin, no one else can feel it for you, only you can let it in" thats how I see recovery. Only something I can do/feel myself.

Sorry there was no actual point to this post, I have a million questions about my health but really theres nothing wrong I'm perfectly healthy I'm just trying to tell my brain that because it doesn't believe me at the minute.

Stormsky
19-06-13, 21:30
Ahh the 'what if...'
How about what if I'm healthy, what if there's nothing wrong...
Maybe it's time for some positive what ifs...
THe negative ones only bring panic...
My niece has asthma , as long as your sensible you won't be dying of it anytime soon..

Catherine S
19-06-13, 22:18
It's a real pain when you get caught in the loop of bad breathing as i call it. The thing is that, when we are anxious or scared all of our muscles tense up, so we're in a constant state of tension and this affects every muscle in the body...it makes our heart beat fast or irregular, it gives us pain in our arms, legs and head...and everywhere else including the muscles around the eyes. It also includes the chest wall muscles and that affects our breathing. And because we are all tuned into our health anxiety, anything we read or hear about can make us scared and tense...and around in the loop we go :wacko:

Hope you feel a bit more relaxed tomorrow :)