PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room Tech Support

Ross
05-10-06, 21:36
RealChat Support

RealChat is the software which provides NoMorePanic with the chat facility. If you are having difficulty in using chat, please follow these useful tips.

RealChat is a Java applet that can be accessed with any Java-enabled browser, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari, Netscape Communicator 6, and higher. For the best experience, we recommend that you upgrade to the latest browser version available. Most modern browsers will update themselves. If you are in any doubt, please contact the vendor of your Internet Browser. This can normally be done from the ‘Help’ menu in your Browser.

Windows Users: To ensure that you are fully-functional, we strongly recommend that you get the latest version of Sun’s Java plug-in. Sun Microsystems is the creator of Java, and their free plug-in will let you enjoy the best of RealChat, and other Java applications as well.

Download The Latest Java Here Sun Java Website (http://www.java.com/)

Locating NoMorePanic RealChat

To access the NoMorePanic chat facility, you first need to login to the NoMorePanic website. In order to do this, navigate to the top left of this screen. Enter your Username and Password and click Login.

At the top of this page you will see some links. In the centre there is a Chat Room link. Click this to be taken to RealChat. Alternatively, Click Here! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/nmpchat.php)

When using the RealChat facility, another Browser window will open. This browser window must remain open for the duration of your stay within the NoMorePanic chat facility. Closing this window will also close the chat window.

It may be necessary for some users with Pop-Up Blockers, and/or Firewalls, to amend their setting to allow the computer access to the NoMorePanic website. In order to do this, please refer to the documentation supplied with your Pop-Up Blocker and/or Firewall.
It may occasionally be required to restart your browser when problems accessing RealChat persist. To do this, simply go to ‘File’ > ‘Exit’, or Press Alt + F4 until all browser windows are closed.

Using RealChat

To get a detailed overview of the features within RealChat, please visit the RealChat Support Link below.

RealChat Technical Documents (http://www.realchat.com/doc/ref-chatting.html)

Please Note: Some of the functions listed on the RealChat Support Pages may have been disabled within the NoMorePanic chat facility. These functions have been removed to protect your identity, and improve security within the site.

RealChat Code Of Conduct

Please visit the NoMorePanic ChatRoom Code Of Conduct (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16834)

Still Having Problems?

It has now become clear that Internet Explorer Security settings are affecting users' ability to access RealChat. NoMorePanic is a site without Advertisments, SpyWare, MalWare, Virus', or any other form of malicious content. With most Internet Browsers, you can allow certain Websites to be 'Trusted'. This will disable the security settings for that particular website. Here is a video tutor on how to make NoMorePanic a Trusted Site (Microsoft Internet Explorer). Click Here! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/videos/trustedsite.html)
By following the tutor, this should enable users who are still having connectivity problems to access RealChat.

If you are still encountering problems with NoMorePanic Chat, please make a thread including the following information, including as much detail as you can find;

Your Operating System (i.e. Windows Vista)
Your Internet Service Provider (i.e. VirginMedia)
Your Internet Browser (i.e. Microsoft Internet Explorer)
Your Anti-Virus, SpyWare and Firewall Applications (i.e. Norton Security Suit)

It would also be helpful to include version numbers of all of the above if possible.

skelingtor
08-07-09, 17:22
i am unable to get into the chat room, whenever i attempt to get in my browser window freezes and says not responding. java is installed as well, i am operating the latest version of firefox with windows vista my spyware in mcafee

any ideas??

bottleblond
08-07-09, 17:46
Could your firewall be blocking it?

Lisa

skelingtor
08-07-09, 18:41
hmmmmm dont think so everything seems to be set up to allow access, how annoying i cant chat to you lovley people. lol :)

nomorepanic
08-07-09, 19:07
Are you blocking pop-ups?

bottleblond
08-07-09, 21:01
Yeah sorry that's what i meant lmao!!

nomorepanic
08-07-09, 21:28
Lisa - your point was valid too. I can't access chat from work as the firewall blocks it.

Neo
12-07-10, 13:20
Just spent over an hour trying to get into Chat after my browser crashed.

It was fine yesterday!

The Java says "Error. Click here" and when I do it brings up an error saying Java "failed to run" and a box of script starting with "load: class rcs.client.RealChatClient.class not found.".

Have tried to fix it using advice, but have lost patience with it now.

Lynnann
12-07-10, 14:06
Hi Neo,

Have you tried completely uninstalling Java, then reinstalling it?

Lynnann:flowers:

Ahmed
27-07-11, 14:52
Does your chat supports Mac OS 10.6? And if do so, my firewall is off and its kinda not allowing me when the loading reaches 80%. Regards...

nomorepanic
27-07-11, 18:23
I don't know much about Mac's I am afraid. I assume you install Java the same?

Also you will need to allow pop-ups as chat opens in a new window.

nic77
30-03-12, 10:01
im having trouble getting access to the chatroom . Every time i try it wants me to log in, i log in and it says that i cant have access. Does it have anything to do with going on the forums first?

nomorepanic
30-03-12, 11:56
Try clicking on the "remember me" when logging in to the forum nicola

iHeart
16-05-12, 21:32
I can't get in the chat. I keep getting an error. I know it isn't my virus protection/firewall. I installed the newest Java... what else can I do?

bottleblond
16-05-12, 21:34
Do you have pop up's blocked?

iHeart
16-05-12, 21:39
I don't think so, I use Avast tried turning it off and using the chat. Even then still received the error

nomorepanic
16-05-12, 21:50
What is the error?

iHeart
16-05-12, 22:04
just says click for details, i click it and it gives me a list of commands i can do

nomorepanic
16-05-12, 22:52
Umm not sure at what point that comes up??

merlin 66
15-08-12, 18:30
Hi trying to log in to chat room using imac osx 10.5.8. just keeps freezing up. I have got latest version of java for 10.5.8 .....!?

mikewales
15-08-12, 19:24
Check you don't have pop ups blocked in your browser, if you don't, and have the latest version of java don't know what it could be. May also be worth clearing the cache in your browser as this sometimes sorts problems out.

Speranza
22-10-13, 22:14
I have updated Java and cleared cookies but I still can't get in... will keep trying! :)

Elen
22-10-13, 22:17
Speranza made it in. Elen

SoppyCow
19-08-14, 11:01
My security settings are not allowing me to go on the chatroom here, how do I unblock it so I can have access?

nomorepanic
19-08-14, 12:01
It depends on the browser you are using

venusbluejeans
19-08-14, 21:48
have a look here too

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=148028

nippy70
21-09-14, 17:38
hi all , got windows 8 and use internet exploer and firefox. i have java and still can use the chat room ,,, im at a loss as to why i cant get on x

venusbluejeans
21-09-14, 19:25
what happens when you try and get into chat? did you try the things in the link above?

nippy70
24-09-14, 11:32
first it said i need to download java chat , i have now done this and now once i try to sign in it just does nothing i click the little box and thats it nothing xx

nomorepanic
24-09-14, 11:40
Are you blocking pop-ups?

Have you added NMP as a trusted site for Java?

Are you behind a firewall?

nippy70
24-09-14, 12:00
pop ups not on , trsuted site entered, on internet explorer

nomorepanic
24-09-14, 12:04
Not sure then - it will either be a java problem (sometimes people have to completely remove it and re-add it) or something on your computer not allowing it to run.

Wanderlust
24-10-15, 00:52
Just a note to admin, when you came in this evening and tried to fix something, you sadly broke it badly. its not really useable right now, it inserts a picture after every letter.

venusbluejeans
24-10-15, 02:14
have a look at the other chat room thread Wonderlust, that is what we were trying to fix.... it only occured for new people entering the room rather than people who were already in it.

it will be looked at again tomorrow

Wanderlust
27-10-15, 13:04
I see, makes sense :) glad it was all resolved. just a note, the chatroom just went down (1pm, 27/10)

nomorepanic
27-10-15, 13:18
Chat has been shut down for a while wonderlust

Wanderlust
27-10-15, 13:32
Thanks for the update