PDA

View Full Version : Would the doctors find out if there was something wrong with me by now?

Mariax
20-06-13, 00:57
I'm convinced that I have brain tumor for over an year because I get stabbing pains in the back of my head all the time that last only for a couple of seconds then disappear for example an hour and then come back again just for a second. I've been dealing with this whole year. I did a CT scan of my head which came out normal and my neurologist tried to convince me that I don't have brain tumor but I just can't seem to understand that and he sent me to a psychiatrist and psychologist who both diagnosed me with health anxiety. I feel so lonely because none of my friends is dealing with this and it's hard for me to accept the fact that there's nothing inside my head, when the shooting pains are here every day. I mean... would've any doctor noticed by now, if I had brain tumor? It's been an year.... and I don't have any other symptom, just the pains (please don't tell me the other symptoms of brain tumor cause I sure will find them later).

swajj
20-06-13, 04:57
You have known a long time ago. Like my doctor says "serious conditions don't go on holiday". A lot of people with Health Anxiety fear brain tumors. Once again quoting my doctor "pain is not one of the first symptoms of a brain tumor, it is one of the last". My poor doctor. I went to him the on Monday (MS worries again) he was so sick with the flu. When I left I said "take tomorrow off and get better". On Tuesday I was back (still MS worries) as I was leaving I said to him "If you'd taken today off like I told you then you wouldn't have had to talk to me today"

If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny. You don't have a tumor.

cattttt
20-06-13, 08:13
Too right, if you had a brain tumour, something else would have happened by now. There's nothing in your head except your brain. Get some help for your anxiety.