PDA

View Full Version : Sharp stabbing pain in upper left side of head :(

anxious_thoughts
20-06-13, 04:03
For about 3 hours now, I keep getting this super sharp pain on the upper left side of my head. I have brain tumour anxiety so it's worrying me :( the pains lasts a second but hurts SOOO bad :( it also hurts in the spot where I get the pain when I press on it.

Advice? Anyone else get these?

Munchlet
20-06-13, 07:23
Hi

For the last three days I have been having the exact same thing in the exact same location but on the right side.

I don't normally worry about brain tumours too much but it has been worrying me.

It comes and goes but feels like someone is stabbing something in my head when the pain is there.

I've had it before and I'm actually wondering if it's something to do with sinuses only when I had it before I'd had a cold and I am suffering with hayfever at the moment so I'm hoping it's something to do with some inflammation!

Have you had any colds/sinus issues recently?

zippy
20-06-13, 08:05
They Sound like ice pick headaches.

anxious_thoughts
20-06-13, 22:06
Hi

For the last three days I have been having the exact same thing in the exact same location but on the right side.

I don't normally worry about brain tumours too much but it has been worrying me.

It comes and goes but feels like someone is stabbing something in my head when the pain is there.

I've had it before and I'm actually wondering if it's something to do with sinuses only when I had it before I'd had a cold and I am suffering with hayfever at the moment so I'm hoping it's something to do with some inflammation!

Have you had any colds/sinus issues recently?

Hello, thanks for replying. Having someone who is going through the same as me really reassures me.

I think it's a good thing that our pain comes and goes, I feel that if it were to be a brain tumour we would have our pain constantly.

I do have allergies, but it's weird because in February I had a really bad cold for a month, and now since March I've had a stuffy nose, and clear phlegm in my throat. It's almost constantly there and worsens at night. I try allergy pills and they only work sometimes. So I'm not too sure.

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

They Sound like ice pick headaches.

Do those last a few days?

anxious_thoughts
21-06-13, 06:06
I've noticed that about 4 months ago I started getting this sharp left shoulder pain that only lasts a second. It happens about 2 times a month. The pain feels exactly like the one in my head. :(

Munchlet
23-06-13, 20:25
Hi Jen

Sorry only just seen your reply.

I'm wondering if it's a nerve thing?

Mine is on and off not as bad but I'm also getting stabbing pains in other areas on the back of my head.

I was trying to think what it reminded me of and I remember about a year ago I trapped a nerve in my neck and kept getting stabbing pains in my arm. As soon as the nerve issue resolved the pain in my arm went. I also then realised that the back of my neck and shoulders are really really tight and sore, so I'm hoping it's something to do with that.

Do you think yours could be the same, after all if you've got a shoulder issue it could well be a nerve/muscular thing?

Take care

anxious_thoughts
24-06-13, 03:02
Hello Munchlet, thanks for the reply.

That's interesting about your situation. The last few days I haven't had any sharp head pains, so mine is on and off as well. I'm hoping its nothing serious :(