PDA

View Full Version : newbie

ally2803
20-06-13, 09:31
Hi
I am new to this site & had managed to stay 'panic attack' free for the last 2 years. Last night I think I had one of the worst ones I can remember - I was at the local cinema when all out of the blue I had a burning hot rush up both my arms which went into my chest, chest pains, cold clammy hands yet i was baking, hot tingling in my legs felt sick & couldnt sit still i was convinced i was going to have a heart attack, after about 15 minutes i felt exhausted & couldnt stop yawning !! when i left there i took a diazepam & went to bed this morning i feel like i have been kicked in the back & chest & my left arm still feels heavy - please tell me this is normal for a panic attack :scared15:

Kim51
20-06-13, 10:22
This is very normal Ally, I normally just want to sleep after a panic attack, and if able to have. They are totally exhausting and draining I then normally feel weak and like I have been in a fight after which in a way we have.
So what you are feeling is totally normal
:hugs:

phil6
20-06-13, 10:23
What you describe is exactly what a panic attack is like.
Nothing to worry about...
Worrying about it will just cause more anxiety, and you will go through some more.
You did the right thing to just sit through it.
Phil

ally2803
20-06-13, 11:03
Thanku for your reassuring replies - I really hoped I had got over these I am still on citalopram & have meds for high blood pressure - so difficult trying to explain to my new partner how I was feeling when all we were doing was watching a film x