PDA

View Full Version : No sleep due to meningitus panic

Shivmarie
20-06-13, 09:51
Ah terrible night last night, i noticed this tiny little markings on both of my feet and i instantly panic'd, i was also ridiculously hot last night i really felt so hot, i lay there for the whole night thinking i had meningitis started, my neck wasnt stiff, i had a lower back pain for like half hour as id been lying on my tummy watching tv and my back seemed abit stiff, thats gone now well it went about half hour after lying back to normal, my eyes with light are fine, but i was getting pulling feelings in my head and just lay there like this is it, this is it. Im so fed up today and tired and still have the pulling in my head :( x

Freaked
20-06-13, 19:11
One of the main signs of meningitis is a high fever, so if you don't have that it's very unlikely.

If it makes you feel any better, one day my whole spine and especially neck was SO SORE and swollen/stiff in a really weird way, even after an anti-inflammatory injection in hospital, and I was dizzy and awful feeling. I got so freaked out later that I took a taxi to a and e in the middle of the night and faded in and out of a weird hot delirium for a while. Still wasn't meningitis.

The two things I didn't have were the fever (though I felt like I had one) and the rash. For the next day I checked my temperature compulsively since the docs told me to come back if I developed one.

Shivmarie
20-06-13, 19:49
I don't have anyone to check my temp. It's weird as last week I was checked over and she said I had a little bit of a temperature, yet I didn't feel it? Was very strange. Is a high fever like unable to move hot?
Still feeling the woozy drunk feeling tonight, hate it.

Freaked
20-06-13, 22:54
You don't have a home thermometer? Those feelings could be a fever, but I've also had those feelings with no fever at all. Have them right now :-/