PDA

View Full Version : Sleep walking

ElizabethJane
20-06-13, 20:59
Does anyone else suffer from this? I caught myself at it last night. Fortunately I hadn't got very far only onto the landing. I thought that I had got over this problem having suffered in the past. I am usually lucid dreaming and then I am aware that's am sleep walking and wake myself up. My dreams usually have a recurring distressing theme and I usually wake myself up - because I have to. The dream or me or my obsession wakes me up. I thought that I had got over this so I'm not sure whether it warrants any action on my part or not? EJ

PanchoGoz
20-06-13, 21:34
I sleep walk sometimes, I think when I'm stressed. I keep waking up thinking I have been on the phone and fallen asleep, then I frantically look around for my phone thinking I have left this person on the line! Then I realise. Also generally looking for something and rifling through drawers I have done before, knocking everything over in my path. Once I woke up with my foot on the window sill, trying to open the window! I lock my door so I can't get out and I don't reckon I could get out the window, awake or asleep.
I've never been able to wake myself up, I don't think.

ElizabethJane
20-06-13, 21:42
Thanks Pancho it is good to know I'm not alone. The doors are usually locked at home and if I'm in a hotel or away from home I lock the door. I had a terrible night with friends once and remember tying the dressing gown cord around my toe if anything should happen. The doors in the villa in Sicily were strange no one could get in but you could open it from the inside. I am more likely to walk in a strange place or on holiday but have felt more relaxed of late as it hasn't happened. I never share rooms with anyone on the choir tours I go on. My roommate would have to put up with talking in my sleep, grinding my teeth and sleep walking. EJ

PanchoGoz
20-06-13, 23:17
Do you sleep talk at all? I have a friend I won't let stay round my house anymore because they sleep-talk all night, and only in my house! They sit up and start talking gibberish at me.