PDA

View Full Version : Really need advice please :(

l.b.7
21-06-13, 00:49
Hi guys, im new to this and wasnt sure about posting but i really need some advice, ive been suffering from panic attacks for a few years now but they were never frequent, they came and went again for months, the past 3 weeks i have had numerous panic attacks a day, and i am getting to a point where i dont even feel real any more, i do not feel like a normal person, i am 18yrs old and feel as though these attacks are taking over my life.
my panics are terrifying, i get insanely dizzy and i go numb all over, my ears start to ring, my vision blurs and my heart beats sooo fast its like im going to die
it sometimes feel more than a panick attack almost as if im seriously ill :(
it is 1am in the morning and i have been woken by a terrible panic attack and am once again missing out on sleep
i cant bare this anymore
do you guys suggest i go to the doctors asap?, ive been on antidepressants before for depression and had counselling also
i need to know how to stop these as i am feeling like theres no hope :-(
thank you

fruity
21-06-13, 00:59
yes go to the doctor just to put your mind at rest. xxxx how y ou now

l.b.7
21-06-13, 01:00
still awful :( i havent had a good nights sleep in days *sigh* :(

onceagain
21-06-13, 01:33
has anything happened that could have triggered the attacks even change of diet? ..hope you feel better soon....it is very hard I know and people don't appreciate it unless they too go through it

l.b.7
21-06-13, 01:36
i dont think so, my diet is as normal, im just struggling so much because the lack of sleep is causing more panic, i feel as though there is no hope for me any more :( i am exhausted right now, im desperate for sleep but cannot due to attacks
im going to end up going insane :(

phil6
21-06-13, 09:49
I.b.7
I am 60 and have had periods like you describe.
Let me assure you of a couple of things.
1. You will not go mad.... It would be a relief if we did, but you will not.
2. Panic, feels like hell, but it will never do you any harm. It is just a feeling, terrifying I know, but harmless.
3. Lack of sleep is awful, but once again will do you no harm. You will sleep when your body needs to.
You are at present in the trap of panicking, because you are continually frightening yourself.
It is your fear of feeling like this that is causing the attacks.
I know how difficult this is, but try too be a little less fearful of how you are at the moment. Let it all go.... Nothing is going to happen... Don't tense against the feelings, holding on to yourself and thinking fearfully.
Phil

l.b.7
21-06-13, 10:43
thank you for your advice phil
i struggle with my thoughts i can never turn them into good, but now you have mentioned it i am constantly thinking about the way i feel which is obviously going to cause attacks
i have a docs app tuesday so hopefully can get something sorted :(