PDA

View Full Version : can i find help here?

Lonely_Heart
06-10-06, 01:39
This time I’m really desperate and need your help… I don’t what to do…
for the first time in my life im so helpless to my self and feel lost don’t know what to do

I know for approximately a year now that Im suffering from social anxiety but didn’t do anything about except logging in to this site … in this part of the world its really hard to find a psychiatrist who can know how to treat this kind of illness …but still I did nothing about this issue since I didn’t care that much about it … why to care … I used to live alone and been alone for the whole of my life so I didn’t find a point of dealing with it.
But now so many things have changed, im in love with the best man I have ever met . I love him so much and just welling to do anything just to keep him happy and stay by my side. Everything went well till today when I had to meet his family and what made it worse is that I had to meet them in a public place… I think you can imagine what I’ve been through; public place with new ppl and means a lot for the most important person in my life .. it was the worst time and fail I’ve ever seen … not only I left the impression of being the most boring character but also he noticed that and felt embarrassed… I tried to explain to him and make him understand since the very beginning that im not a social person … I told everything about my self and my life and assumed that he can understand but may be he just can’t imagine how serious my case is till today when he was shocked with it …
I feel so bad I feel that I’ve let him down or maybe I let my self down…
I don’t know what to do but I know for sure that I must find a way out of this I must be normal again coz I just can’t ruin my life after finally I could get my self on the right track and found the right man… I can’t lose him… so please help me with it… any one can tell me what to do??

Lonely Heart

mackncody
06-10-06, 04:14
Your not letting anyone down! Your great the way you are, everyone has a few problems. At least you were honest with him. I think it was very brave of you to meet his parents and in a public place no less, stop beating yourself up! We do the best we can, thats all anyone can ask of us.

I do agree with most docs not being able to properly treat social anxiety[Sigh...]. The most they seem to do is be able to write prescriptions....

((hugs)) you will be fine.

Edited to add: post whenever you want, thats what this site is for.

If nothing else...I will survive.

To: SSJHSMH-U are light and my heart and strength. I will protect you in this life or the next always.

Insomniac
08-10-06, 21:46
Sorry to hear you had a tough time. Its so hard for others to understand just how difficult it is for us. Its not the same as being shy or whatever else they may think. Well done for being honest with your man though. Its the only way. Hearing how you feel has not put him off, he still wanted you to meet his family - thats a good sign.

Logging on here really does help, so keep doing it. I printed off a couple of things for my husband to read, to help him understand. But he's also seen it when I'm really bad so he knows I can't help how I feel.

Small steps is the best way. Little challenges which gradually boost your confidence in your ability to cope with this illness. You'll get loads of support and advice here. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Lisa.

scoobygirl2005
09-10-06, 20:19
Hi.

First of all you have not let anyone down so don't worry. You can overcome this just little steps each time.

Am sure that your partner understands and loves you very much. Don't be too hard on yourself you are a strong person.

Scooby2005
x x

GAD
09-10-06, 21:18
I agree - little steps at a time. Im sure if hes the one for you he will try to understand and give you the space to grow, YOU WILL EVEN IF IT DONT SEEM LIKE IT RIGHT NOW! It just takes time.

Ive had social phobia and honestly I now feel like I'm rid of it apart from the occasional setback!

Michelle