PDA

View Full Version : Newbie :D

whatsxoccuring
21-06-13, 16:07
Omg i dont know where to start!!! Please bear with me as im rubbish at writing stuff and my english spellings are atrocious :blush:

Well hi, im jacqui 39 from Manchester, have three lads aged 19 14 10. 14 year old has behavior problems and getting tested for adhd and also dyslexia. Youngest has autism aspergec. None of them give me grief or stress from outside as they don't hang around in them sort of gangs. I know having three boys can be bit stressful and i always worrying about the youngest etc etc.

I suffer i think from panic attacks or anxiety, not sure which one but i was only having minor ones were pain down arm, not sleeping well, chest tightening a little, feeling heart beating heavy, pain in jaw, basically feeling having heart attack (as reading all this stuff on net tends to think symptoms are the same and then you panic). These only came every so often and when they did, i would just cry and panic like anyone would. Maybe one or two every month or so.

In January these attack got worse i was having these every day few times a day and i couldn't cope (i honestly don't know how you people cope who suffer from these everyday after reading some on here :hugs:). They got that bad i thought i was going insane and i thought enough is enough and i went to the doctors for help. He put me on Amitriptylilne 10mg one a night, which i took and i found it hard getting up but once i got use to them, i found myself really great hardly no attack and if i did it was a minor one, and it was helping me to sleep (which i hardly did since son was up most of the night until recently due to autism) as my body wouldn't wind down. I feel great on these. I think these attacks got worse because i had loads of debts, overweight, unhappy, and in January i decided to take control of life and arranged debt company, lost 2 stone and still have more to go and be more happier and since December when i sorted all this out as i was more chilled the attacks got worse!! is this possible?? as body wasn't use to be so chilled out.

A few weeks ago i went doctors again regarding my arm pain due to injury. A few years ago while on holiday i fell carrying everything to pool and my arm (right) i used to stop me from falling and hurting myself much more, i damaged the shoulder joint apparently is rubbing on bone and i was on zapain for that for a few months as i couldn't lift arm and couldn't drive and was an emotional wreck at times on these tablets but they tended the pain. When i was able to use it again i was more careful cos i didn't want the pain again, so when i went shopping i used my left arm and over the years i have the exact same problem as right arm, damaged my shoulder but its the muscle that is killing on left side and the doctor put me on naproxen 500mg one every 12 hours, now i started taking these and after a week came of them as i was having horrid side effects well i think i was and also the doctor put my amitriptyline up to 25mg.

The effects im getting now is not nice, im due back at doctors next week but while in on here im hoping someone can advise me and say "Oh i suffered from that and no need to worry :D" A week into the naproxen tablets i was just sat here and i had a really strange feeling like pulse at the bottom of my mouth underneath the tongue and when that happened i had a cold chill from head to bottom of stomach, its hard to explain it was like someone putting a injection in veins and you can feel the coldness going into body, i had this twice within 20 mins, i panicked and went to parents who said i had an sore underneath my tongue on the lining and it could of been a nerve of that and my mum put bonjela in my mouth for me, while i was there when finished crying i had the pulse again in mouth but no more coldness!! She researched the meds i was on and told me to get of them as they give these sort of side effects. The reason im telling you this is today i had another two of these coldness again, and not being on them tablets for over a week, im just wondering if these tablets never gave me these side effects, also i have the horrid feeling in mouth again just a dull pain at bottom of mouth underneath the tongue area, and wondering if these are part of panic attacks and just sit here and breathe more easily and try not to panic over them. I have also took panadol extra with caffeine to help with arm pain today and was wondering if the coldness is due to tablets as i was reading to much caffeine with tablets not helping as ive been drinking alot of pepsi max today too.

I am so sorry this was long and i truly it hope it makes sense and thanks for taking time to read and if you do reply

I have looked on net and its does state coldness is part of an attack, but what could be doing this as i have changed my life about not worrying and stuff.

Jacqui :scared15:

Vanilla Sky
21-06-13, 16:36
Hi Jacqui, Welcome to NMP , you will find like minded people here and good support

:welcome: :)

Mark13
22-06-13, 15:35
Hi Jacqui. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

Speranza
24-06-13, 20:46
Hi Jacqui, you have a lot going on in your life and it's possible you are worrying more than you realise..? I know I have only just been put onto Prozac (at almot 53) but when I think about it, I could probably have made a case for it any time in the past thirty years, I just got used to dealing with the high levels of anxiety. Now I am curious to see how different I will feel once the drug has kicked in.

I wonder if it's possible for you to get into the doctor's any earlier if you ring and explain how hard it is for you at the moment? The most important thing for now is probably just to remind yourself that you've got this far so the things which are happening probably aren't going to harm you. You sound as if you have done an amazing amount to sort your life out, it's inspirational! Just don't be too hard on yourself about any things which still need a bit of time.

It's not a small thing to be supporting children with Special Needs and it is very stressful at times, maybe you could find out if your Local Authority or local branch of an Autism charity run any support groups?