PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations

Ats666
21-06-13, 19:41
I'm getting really stressed by these constant palpitations, it's tiggering my ha again. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to ease them? :weep:

Kneebone123
21-06-13, 20:02
Hi I'm getting them too:weep:

Ats666
21-06-13, 20:11
Do you get them constantly? x

Ribbit
21-06-13, 20:19
Distraction works well - go for a walk maybe, play a computer game, or do something that requires a lot of concentration.

They are horrid things - I hope they ease soon x

Kneebone123
21-06-13, 20:20
Yeh I've been having them for days now! I feel like I can't breath properly either! I ended up going to my local a n e the other night my heart rate was high but ecg was fine and so was bloods stil not convinced though!! It's bloody horrible isn't it! X

Munchlet
21-06-13, 20:21
Hi

Years ago I had palpatations so bad I was convinced I was about to keel over at any minute.

I'd had them on and off before but then all of a sudden I seemed to have them constantly and needless to say I got really stressed and anxious.

I went to the doctors had an ECG which was clear, and loads of blood tests which were also clear, the doctor said it was me stressing about them that was making them so bad.

Since then when I get them I just ignore them and they go.

I know it's really hard but anxiety is the worst thing for them as it just increases them. My auntie had them so bad once she was hospitalised and kept in overnight. All her tests were clear and hers was due to a particularly stressful time she was going through.

I'm sure it will be your anxiety keeping them going, have you been to your GP about them for some reassurance?

joelhall
21-06-13, 20:28
Steer clear of stimulants such as caffeine and nicotine as much as possible, and try not to have large meals.