PDA

View Full Version : help why did I google

iluvdyl13
22-06-13, 16:35
Ok so still have cough and chest pains and rib pains. Cough going on over a month driving me crazy. Well I had a chest x ray gonna ring doctors on Monday but it must be clear or I suppose I would have heard from them by now. Was just googling and came across this health board somone was asking a question about x rays and someone else told them that somone she knows had lung cancer and got an x ray which came back clear but when they got a ct scan it showed they had cancer all over there body including lungs. After spending the past hour panicing uand crying because now the chest x ray is meaningless to me. I don't know what to do and also I don't know why I have all these symptoms been going on a while now and seriously scaring me.

nomorepanic
22-06-13, 17:04
You will always find the worst case scenario if you Google so don't do it!

I bet there were hundreds of other reasons but you ignored them and chose to believe the bad ones that meant cancer.

Talk to your doctor about it

joelhall
22-06-13, 17:35
A CXR is always the first investigation after referral. These are not by any means useless. IF the consultant feels it is warranted they will perform a CT scan afterwards. Remember, it may not be cancer, and many things can show up on a CXR. Good luck, and I hope the results are good news :)