PDA

View Full Version : worried.

Granny Primark
22-06-13, 18:17
Ive been coming on this site for a few years but never posted on health anxiety.
Im scared. Ive got bruises on me for no reason.
I lost a dear friend with leukemia. I remember being on hol with her and commented on her bruises and we joked about her hubby doing it to her. (I know he never would)
Ive got a big bruise under my arm. It doesnt hurt but im baffled as to how I got it.

nomorepanic
22-06-13, 18:24
I have some on my thigh and no idea how I got them either !

I usually find bruises all over and don't know where they came from.

My doc said some people bruise more easily.

Let me give you an example. I had an ECG the other week and when they took off one of the pads on the wrist it bruised badly for 2 weeks.

All you can do is talk to the doc if you are worried but as I said they told me some people bruise very very easily

nomorepanic
22-06-13, 18:27
It does worry me too GP sometimes as the medication I have for my Crohn's is used to treat leukemia but it can also cause it as well.

RosieXXX
22-06-13, 18:36
Hello Granny Primark,

I can understand your concern - I have felt the same when i have found unexpected bruises which i can't account for - i am sure there is a logical explanation - it is just we don't register each and every knock we have when we are busy out and about each day. Some people do bruise easier than others too especially if they are taking aspirin. x

nomorepanic
22-06-13, 18:37
I take aspirin of course - forgot to mention that. I still have no idea how I get so many bruises though lol

Granny Primark
22-06-13, 18:42
Thank you so much nic. I really apreciate it.
It has really scared me but I try to be positive about things.
Im scared go for a blood test cus im scared of the results.
Sue who died was a special person and friend.

Annie0904
22-06-13, 18:47
I am always covered in bruises and never know where they come from. I bruise very easily. I do think I bump into things a lot though...especially on my way to the loo during the night. Maybe if I started putting the light on I would have less bruises :)

joelhall
22-06-13, 19:38
Just take my advice, and let me know how it goes ;) xx

nomorepanic
22-06-13, 19:43
What advice Joel?

joelhall
22-06-13, 19:49
I spoke to her on the phone nic. Worth seeing the GP and having routine bloods and FBC done.

nomorepanic
22-06-13, 20:50
Ahh ok Joel - you confused me then

clio51
22-06-13, 21:22
Hi Lynn,

I to bruise very easy and have many mainly on my legs!, I only have to scratch my legs and I end up with black/purple bruises they look so bad. I have had bloods done NOTHING came back and I'm always mentioning it to my doc about them.she said as long as there just on my legs and bloods were ok don't worry!!!

But just go and have bloods done, it will only play on your mind Lynn and cause anxiety.

AuntieMoosie
22-06-13, 22:57
Hello Lynn,

I, too, bruise quite easily and I do understand your being concerned about it because I was too when it started happening to me:)

I sometimes get the most awful bruises when I've had a little blood test and when I had that awful blood pressure monitor on me for 24 hours, my arm was black, blue and purple when they took it off.

I have once discussed it with my GP a good few years ago now, when I was a bit concerned, and he told me it's just that I bruise easily as a lot of people do, he said they don't really know why some do and some don't, it's just an individual thing :)

And of course, it will be at the forefront of your mind due to the tragic circumstances of your dear friend.

If you're still worried though Lynn, just pop and have a chat with your doctor, you don't have to have a blood test if you don't want too and I'm sure your GP will know if he thinks you should be tested but I would think he'd be able to put your mind at rest without a test hun, I didn't have a test, just a good old chat and that put my mind at rest :hugs:

joelhall
23-06-13, 12:44
Ahh ok Joel - you confused me then

I have a habit of doing that to people hehe :D