PDA

View Full Version : majorly anxious about facing work colleagues

anony
23-06-13, 10:46
hi,

I went out on friday night for work drinks, and ended up with a guy from work. I was very drunk, but I don't think I actually did anything bad. Other problem is I have gaps in my memory! Since waking up saturday morning I feel so ashamed, panicky and anxious, i feel sick I can't focus on anything I don't know what to do! I keep trying to think of ways to avoid going in, or excuses to give for myself or ways to distract the attention.

When I think about it logically- I didnt actually do anything bad and even if I did I know a lot of people at work have done a lot worse so it does not matter. But I can't change how I am feeling.

I need help please cos this feeling is driving me insane. I used to be able to go out and drink and have fun and this would not be an issue. I can't cope with feeling like this, I am definately going to stop drinking now and going to social occasions with work people.

What can I do to make this feeling go away?

ladymillion
23-06-13, 11:41
Dont worry, we have all been there. Waking up thinking oh god what did i do....what did i say...Did i embarrass myself? In my opinion the best thing to do is DONT AVOID! Go into work and face your colleagues. If anything is said, laugh it off and say ohhh i know i had one too many drinks on saturday, good night though. Act as if you are not bothered and noone else will bother.

Dont get yourself into a state over it. You have done nothing wrong. Whi hasnt done something infront of their work colleagues on a night out.
Hope this helps x

anony
23-06-13, 12:10
Thanks. Yeah, I know everyone goes through this and I know I am making it into a bigger deal in my head than it is, but I just can't stop obsessing over it.

When I get anxious about something, whether its a night out or facing a situation I just can't shake it off.

Do you think meds would help?

Rennie1989
23-06-13, 13:16
The fact that you've drank alcohol (to excess, by the sounds of it) will exacerbate your anxiety. Once you go to work on Monday and face everyone the anxiety over this situation will disappear.

anony
23-06-13, 14:20
I hope so. I can't carry on like this, I feel constantly nauseous I havent eaten or left my room since friday.

Is there anyway to feel better before monday?