PDA

View Full Version : **Scared of taking pregabablin!**

honeybee88
23-06-13, 12:43
Hi everyone just to see if anyone can give me any advice in their experience with pregabablin.
I was agoraphobic 2 years ago and I got out of it without any meds but recently due to stress in the family I.e my mum had mnd and brother lost his leg and now my closet aunt has lukeamia the anxiety has returned worse!
My doctor has perscribed me 25mg of pregabablin to begin with and slowluy build myself up but I'm scared to take them in case of horrible side effects can someone help with their experience and if they work or not?

Thanks

SarahH
23-06-13, 13:20
Hi,
Fot me there were no "horrible" side effects and within two weeks I was on 400mgs a day. I felt the effects immediately from my first dose of 50mgs. Give it a go! Your dose of 25mgs in VERY small and you should not have any of the "drunkeness" which is the only SE I had (and still do have for a couple of hours a day).

Good luck

honeybee88
23-06-13, 14:34
Thanks for reply!

So its definatly worth taking then I'm on 25mg twice a day for now! How long does it take to work?

hanshan
24-06-13, 07:29
Good luck with pregabalin.

It can work almost immediately, or take up to few weeks before you notice an effect. Probably you won't notice much until you are up to around 100 mg a day, but everyone is different. You can go up to 600 mg per day, although some studies say that 400 mg per day is the maximum effective dose - again, we all react differently.

SarahH
24-06-13, 16:50
Honeybee,

Hanshan is right. Everyone is different and all react differently. I felt immediate effects on 50mgs and then went up to 200mgs twice a day. I may now after 3 months have to go up to the maximum dose of 300 twice a day but I have in the past been admitted to a psychiatric unit my anxiety was so severe.....so you may need a smaller dose......you could read my post "Pregabalin ...at last" it may help.

Take care