PDA

View Full Version : Face/Eye Twitch

southernbelle
23-06-13, 12:50
I am on day six of a eye twitch/spasm. It's under my eye above my cheek bone. Clearly, my anxious brain convinces me that I have a tumor or clot on the nerve causing this twitch. I'm now obsesses waiting and watching it. It's annoying, too.

I went to to see a doctor about it. He told me to do hot compresses, halt the caffeine & come back if it doesn't go away to go to the next step in testing. He also took blood to see if I'm deficient in anything.

I don't know how,long he wants me to wait to come back. I just want this to stop & I'm getting to my breaking point. Anyone have a twitch that has lasted days or weeks? What stopped it? Would I have other symptoms with a twitch for the "bad" things that scare me? Help!

joelhall
23-06-13, 13:03
These twitches are very common indeed. A little trick that can help sometimes is to lick the end of your finger and run it along the area applying some gentle pressure.

AceOfSpades
23-06-13, 15:19
Yeah twitches are very common and I roughly know when they will start up.

Nice tip joelhall I will try that one.

southernbelle
23-06-13, 16:52
Thanks. It begins in the morning & goes away after I get moving. It has come back t night sometimes when I'm ready for bed, but I've woken up six days now with it jumping...then I'm anxious about the rest of my face twitching or jumping....

Well meaning folks have told me hoe weird it is that it's lasted this long...and that makes me more anxious.

I've tried just holding the spot in place with my finger & massaging the area, too... I've done the compresses...it'll stop for a few minutes or seconds or hours...but it keeps coming back up...it's wearing on me!

Rachel W
24-06-13, 07:33
Facial twitching, especially near the eye is the most common benign twitch there is. I went through a lot of twitching a few years ago and worried and made myself get all crazy tests. It is from anxiety and/or lack of magnesium.
Don't worry that it lasted so long. I had my eye twitch for about a week and it was constant. VERY irritating but completely harmless.

Liviguy
24-06-13, 09:17
I get this too when I'm tired. It's one of the few things that doesnt actually worry me lol

southernbelle
24-06-13, 16:29
Do you think that it is weird or different that the twitch only happens at night & when I first get up in the morning? This is day seven... I'm getting very discouraged.

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 ----------

I seriously just want to have a old cry over this. I feel like I'm focusing on every twitch and jump in my body, now. I've had headaches for a while, too....so with the twitch being worse when I lay down, I convinced myself that the root cause is something horrible.

I've tried to take back the loss of control that I feel by adding a daily vitamin to my diet. I wonder if it'll help?

Why and how do I always relate things back to my fears? It's so discouraging & exhausting.

Sydney100
24-06-13, 18:02
My eye twitches last for weeks then just disappear. My optician told me it was stress, so good old anxiety strikes again. Try not to focus on it, easier said I know but it works xx

southernbelle
24-06-13, 23:09
Now I also notice each twitch & spasm on my body. I'm also having headaches. Another issue, I'm super tired. I think that this HA is starting to really wear on me....wish that I could talk myself out of it!

lifesfighter92
24-06-13, 23:39
Classic symptom of stress or anxiety x

southernbelle
25-06-13, 20:28
Well today it twitched early in th morning & hasn't continued during the day. It was very faint. I'm hoping that mean that it's getting better, at least.... I'm anxious to thing about going to bed & getting up because of it....that's silly, I know...

sammykaye
26-06-13, 21:23
I can sympathy - I have a spasm at the minute in my eye on the eyelid of my right eye. Its been driving me mad all of last week and then out of the blue a massive panic attack in work on sunday.

Great............:scared15:

southernbelle
29-06-13, 02:16
Sorry. It's no fun, at all. My eye twitch hasn't happened since Wednesday, but I'm just waiting for it to return. The area still feels funny....but not twitchy. I can't wait until it all goes away & it feels normal again!

Speranza
29-06-13, 10:31
SouthernBelle, I hate this one! I've been through all the possibilities including a very rare disease which someone I am related to did actually have. And you know what? It always goes away, it always recurs, then goes away again... it is ONLY a twitch.

Tell yourself this, if you know what triggers it (caffeine, time of day) either make changes or remind yourself it's normal for the morning, or whatever.

So many of us have this, so many of us worry about it... if at all possible (I know it may not be) try to see it with a little humour and tell it enough people are already worrying about it and you don't have time today. :hugs:You are fine, don't beat yourself up about being anxious, it's where you are right now. x

southernbelle
29-06-13, 16:29
Thanks for the kind words! Anxiety is such a strange thing. I can be completely fine for a while, but if I begin thinking about a "symptom" that I'm really having I take myself to the worst scenarios....I sound "crazy" to others who don't have HA, and if was thinking correctly, I'd probably feel the same as others see me sometimes.
One day at a time!

Tessar
29-06-13, 22:19
I get this. Usually if I am very tired. I know what you mean about waiting for it to come back. But then I go for a few days and don't notice it. Then it's like... it went & I didn't even notice.
I get other bits of me that Di this, I had a hoarse at one point of a stomach muscle doing it, oh and my arm and in fact whole fingers too. I now treat it as "a bit of a laugh" and try to see if I can show my partner when I get one if these twitchy muscles.
None of it worries me, its just your muscles doing silly things isnt it? thats all. nothing sinister, we all get it.
The eye one is the most irritating but that's coz you notice it most.... And if course I always worry that people might think I am winking at them!!!! :winks: :winks: :winks: :winks: :winks: :winks: :winks: :winks: :winks: :winks: :winks: :winks: :winks: :winks: