PDA

View Full Version : Ddcoo - tongue cancer

Ddcoo
23-06-13, 14:45
Hi all, following on from my update yesterday, things took a little turn for the worse. I felt very sore in my jaw area and the gums where the teeth had been taken out before my radiation and then I noticed a big hard lump just under my ear and it was very sore to touch. I dithered a couple of hours before deciding to go to A & E as the left side of my face was very sore. We got to A&E at 7.15pm and had the usual wait but eventually I was seen by two doctors, one of them was present at my operation so I was quite relieved to have someone who knew my history. It tuned out that I have an abcess on my saliva glad and also an infection in the gums where the teeth were extracted. I was given antibiotics and we eventually got home at 10.45pm. I was told to go to see my surgeon who is in clinic tomorrow afternoon, so he can assess what needs to be done, so here I go again.

The radiotherapy affects the saliva glands and this is why I have got the infection. I would make a very good understudy for a chipmonk with my swollen pouch. Best wishes to you all.

Magic
23-06-13, 16:09
:)AHh d made me smile a chipmonk!!!!!
I am sorry for the setback . I do hope you go on all right tomorrow.
I will be thinking about you
And I send you my best wishes :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Annie0904
23-06-13, 16:30
As always, I am thinking about you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

RosieXXX
23-06-13, 17:31
So sorry to hear you have had this complication Di, do hope they manage to get it sorted quickly for you :hugs:xx

ReissG
23-06-13, 17:34
Lovely hearing from you Di, always make me smile when I see a message from you!

Keep us updated always <3

Tessar
23-06-13, 20:48
Oh no Mrs Swollen-pouch...... I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully the medication will sort it out. It's just typical though...... How about I come and see you and you give me your pain and suffering..... Then u can have a break from it???

cattia
23-06-13, 21:01
Oh no :( I hope the antibiotics kick in and you feel better soon xx

mrsnobody
23-06-13, 21:17
wishing you all the best. my mum has skin cancer and I think its a good thing you are telling your story. she is bottling it up and it isn't doing her any good. wishing you all the best :hugs:

AuntieMoosie
23-06-13, 23:51
Aww Di I'm so sorry to hear this, it must have scared the living daylights out of you when you discovered that lump.

Thankfully it's turned out to be something that can be fixed quickly.

I hope you feel much better soon hun :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: