PDA

View Full Version : Help I'm obsessed I'm going pyschotic

Alfiemoon
23-06-13, 15:40
Ten years ago I suffered depression and anxiety terrible it took a few year for me to get better but I finally did, last year I had a family bereavement and various other things and I felt myself slipping back into it, I become obsessed with my hearing, and obsessed with every little noise, I couldn't seem to filter out background noise I'm now petrified I'm becoming pyschotic and can't get it off my mind, I'm taking anti depressants and waiting for cbt, can someone please help I can't get rid of this fear

Annie0904
23-06-13, 16:39
Anxiety can cause heightened sensitivity and quite a few anxiety sufferers have problems with being extra sensitive to noises so I am sure it will be this.

Alfiemoon
23-06-13, 17:14
Thank you very much for your reply, I feel like I'm going out my mind with worry at the moment.

Annie0904
23-06-13, 17:28
Anxiety can have us feeling like we are going out of our mind but you are not. It is an illness and you can overcome it :hugs:

Mark13
23-06-13, 19:06
This is a sweeping generalisation but true enough - if you can question your own sanity then you're not psychotic.

Truly psychotic people don't know it, they think they're normal.

Anxiety and depression play devious tricks with the mind - sounds like thats all it is - your suffering an obsession, I've had plenty of those :(

Mark

Alfiemoon
23-06-13, 19:59
Thank you mark, you have put my mind at ease a little, I have had a terrible few weeks and just can't stop worrying, my mind seems to have latched on to this fear and causing me to panic, maybe cbt will help.

Crislopes
24-06-13, 17:51
just wanted you to know I completely understand the obsessing and thinking you crazy but its just the disorder panic and anxiety do awfull things to your mind and body

Alfiemoon
25-06-13, 11:35
Thank you, it's nice to know that people understand what I am going through, it's such a scary thing and when you talk to people unless they have suffered with it they just don't understand how it effects you.