PDA

View Full Version : Worried about a Mole/Blister?

Trevstan
23-06-13, 19:03
Hi i heard some news from last night from a friend that his friend has Melanoma which put me in to panic mode all weekend long about this and just won't leave my mind.

I have had this thing on my foot for quite a few months now and it hasn't changed in size not sure on colour.

Here is what it looks like -: Pic (http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2yv9maw&s=5)

In normal light it has a browny tint to it and it is raised slightly.

Should i get it checked out? Is it even a mole?

So much worry :weep:

joelhall
23-06-13, 19:55
Difficult to tell without actually touching it, but it seems more like a blister callous, and is a common place to get them. Is there any pain in the area? Does the skin over it feel rough or smooth?

Sorry, just realised I could actually blow up the image hehe. It most resembles a wart or tag. It does not look like any melanoma I have seen.

Trevstan
23-06-13, 20:12
Thanks for the reply

It feels pretty smooth and there is no pain with it what so ever.

You say it could be a blister callous/wart/tag how long can these take to disappear as i would say i have had it 4/5 month? Or can they hang around for ages?

joelhall
23-06-13, 20:52
Warts often have to be removed. Although callouses from where shoes rub can be very long term.

Trevstan
23-06-13, 22:48
Warts often have to be removed. Although callouses from where shoes rub can be very long term.

Smooth and there is no pain meaning it could have a good chance it is one of those?

I don't want to waste the docs time but you know how HA works :weep:

Trevstan
13-07-13, 20:27
Just a little update i went to the Doctors yesterday (for another unrelated reason) and mention about it she took one look and said it was a mole and nothing to worry about but if size colour etc.. changes then to come back.

Another little worry off my mind :)!

Nat99
16-10-14, 11:58
Hi I am new on here and have suffered HA Since i was 20 and am now 40 although it defiantly seems to be getting worse quickly as I get older! I have just had a round of blood tests that I insisted upon and then spent 3 days panicking, no sleep and no food. They came back ok today and now i have found a light brown mark on the ball of my foot about 10mm long that I have never noticed before and after consulting Google yet again my anxiety is through the roof again! My boyfriend thinks it is a small bruise under the skin but I don't know what to think. Has anyone else had one of these? It makes me even more anxious as I had a bcc 2 years ok which kept getting brushed off and finally removed. Thank u Nat 99