PDA

View Full Version : calf vibrations

devonbevon
24-06-13, 04:50
So last year I joined the fear of ms mnd circuit. Twitching tremors jerks you name it. After numerous tests and going on an anti depressing my symptoms calmed down. All went quiet for three months.

Now I'm experiencing buzzing in my right calf and ankle much like a mobile phone going off. It's intermittent often noticeable when my foot touches the ground. It's very localized. Wondering if this is anxiety back or a second attack of the onset of something like ms. Scan in Feb showed nothing. Separated from my husband ten weeks ago and 2 kids under 3 so life not a bed of roses.

My question is if buzzing vibrations can be Localised with stress or does it sound like something more sinister? Could this be a second ms attack and should I ask for rescan?

Don't want to start this health anxiety journey again :weep:

Tinker28
24-06-13, 05:30
When you say scan do you mean an MRI?

devonbevon
24-06-13, 05:32
Yes I had mri head and neck spine scan plus nerve conducting test in late Jan

Tinker28
24-06-13, 05:44
Oh, ok! I to have worried about possible MS scare this past few months, and after my resent MRI scan that came back normal and I convinced myself I to had MS for sure no doubt about it was trying to prepare myself for the "news" but after the normal MRI I was like ok, now having said that yes I'm reassured that no I don't have MS, now am I not going to totally think I don't have it probably not 100% no, cause there will always be a certain symptom that will lead my mind to MS or something else. Its a never ending cycle. Here is what I think, I think no you don't have MS but only after you get check is when you will feel better and your symptoms will go. Stress/anxiety can do so much to our bodies. I hope this has helped you out if only a little bit. I'm sure your fine!

PhoenixGrey
28-06-13, 11:41
Had this for a few weeks straight - then went away on its own. No explanation, I would assume nothing to worry about :)

ItchyOne
28-06-13, 13:45
I just had that few weeks ago. My left thigh was vibrating intermittently. The closest description is like a mobile phone inside my thigh on vibration mode. It went on for days and even when I was sleeping. But it's not strong enough to wake me up though.
I seen a neurologist who told me that it's probably nothing to worry about. He explained that if there's a nerve issue in my brain, then a large part of my body would be affected. The fact that it is localised means there's little worry about.
True enough, it went off after another week or so... no explanation.

kryssy
07-01-15, 12:44
Hi, thank you so much!! I hate the wasted time I spend looking for information & all I find are constant questions with no answers or results and instead other questions or stories. I will sit patiently for a few days an dope it goes away. :winks:

KayeS
07-01-15, 21:53
I went through all this myself, and just like you, had TWO brain MRI's, a cervical spine MRI, an EMG nerve test, both the conduction one and the needle one... now when the buzzing or twitching happens I just smile and try to ignore it :)