PDA

View Full Version : Not Alone

RL123
24-06-13, 07:14
Hi all,

Long term lurker who has been to anxious to post before (ironic really).

Background: suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for as long as I can remember. Various medications tried including citralopram, propranolol and most recently mirtazapine in various doses. Nothing which significantly made a difference. Recently tried talking therapy only to be told my condition seems to severe for the therapist to help me. Currently waiting for another referral once she has spike to her superior for advice.

At various times over the years I have been able to 'manage' my condition only for it to resurface and take over. Often felt as though it is taking over my life.

Long term believer that ill eventually drive myself insane.

This site has been a god send at times. Mainly just knowing that I'm not the only one suffering (how it sometimes feels). Nice to read success stories too.

Just hoping for a bit of help, guidance when I'm in need from people who know what it's like.

Thanks for reading,

RL123

Kim51
24-06-13, 07:27
Hi and welcome you will find it very helpful and supportive :welcome:

RL123
24-06-13, 07:28
Hi and welcome you will find it very helpful and supportive :welcome:

Thank you.

From reading various threads I'm sure you're right.

flori
24-06-13, 08:36
Hi RL and :welcome:

You are definitely not alone in your symptoms and anxiety. Glad you are finding the site helpful, as many of us do.

Spot-the-frog
24-06-13, 10:54
:welcome:

This is a great site and one where you can ask questions and get help and support.

:)

Crislopes
24-06-13, 17:45
im also new to this site and already am glad I found it welcome

ellie14
25-06-13, 20:29
I'm new too and hoping it will help ! I have been on the same medication as you and took myself off it because it didn't help .

chantelle
25-06-13, 21:18
:welcome:.....you'll get lots of support & encouragement on here...lots of luck x

almamatters
25-06-13, 21:40
Hi :welcome: to the forum.