PDA

View Full Version : Really Struggling at the moment

mike2512
24-06-13, 12:05
Hi,

I have been really stressed and anxious lately and the last week have been a nightmare.
I had an uncomfortable ache in my left side back when driving and hurts like a bruise when pressed. So as per usual i google and start worrying about Kidney problems.....
Anyway last thursday i decided to go to the walk in centre and have a urine test and the gp in there told me i had protein in my urine and this needed to be followed up, I immediatly panicked and started asking him what it might be and stupidly asked if it could be cancer... He replied i really cant say! Well that has sent me off the scale anxiety wise.
I went to my proper gp on friday and told him and he said the other guy was totally unproffesional saying that to me and assured me it would just be a simple infection. He did another urine sample and said there is a tiny bit of protein if any in it?? He said he would send it off for testing but in the meantime gave me Antibiotics to take. Since yesterday iv been itchy all over and feel achy like i have a bad cold and im thinking the worst that my kidneys are failing and im covered in cancer.

I just phoned the doctors to see if my results are back and she said yes but the doctor hasnt commented on them yet? Im freaking out... wouldnt the lab result just say they were normal or do the doctors decide that??
Im on the scales everyday and im losing weight even though eating normal.

Hate this feeling of dread and always being in a panic.

Just think there is defo going to be a problem this time :weep:

Frankie123
24-06-13, 13:20
I think we all get worried and full of dread waiting for test results. GPs always comment on lab results when they come back to the surgery but that does not mean there is anything wrong. The weight you are losing is due to your anxiety. This happened to me and I lost 7lbs overnight. The itchiness may be an allergy from the antibiotics so you need to mention that to your GP. If I was you I would phone back before afternoon surgery because GPs usually look at test results between am and pm surgeries.

mike2512
24-06-13, 17:21
Hi and thanks for the reply.

Just been into doctors and was told urine analysis was normal so ive been taking antibiotics for no reason.

Glad it was ok i feel relieved.