PDA

View Full Version : Pins and needles left side, both feet, weakness

Liviguy
24-06-13, 16:15
I have had this tingling/heavy/numb sensation in my left arm and both soles of feet for a good few days now. Today it feels like it is in my face and head.

I have had some good advice from Joelhall on here which has been very helpful but I decided to go see an out of hours doctor last night for complete reassurance (not that my mind ever allows me to get that right enough :mad:)

I explained my symptoms to the doctor who gave me a few tests.

They involved a strength test on both arms and legs, a test where she had an instrument with a sharp point on one side and a blunt edge on the other. She had me close my eyes and tell her if I felt sharp or blunt on various points on my hands, arms and head.

She also done a test where she held a cold item on my hands, legs and ankles.

Everything checked out ok, she finished the appointment by believing that the issues are coming from my neck which are making me feel this sensation, although my overactive mind can also be inflating the sensations.

So now I NEED to get it through my thick skull. Easier said than done.

I have a repeat blood test on Wednesday for a slightly raised WBC count so that is also stressing me out a bit.

I have been on Citalopram since March, but I still can't relax much these days. I'm now wondering if the Citalopram are a waste of time.

Freaked
24-06-13, 16:47
You would not believe the crazy neuro sensations I had for a while with all this. My vision felt shadowed in my right eye and my whole right side lost about half its sensation, particularly in the face, and I had a pressure feeling like my head might burst on and off. For about two days. My reflexes and reactions were a bit off on that side, so the hospital actually kept me in overnight with promises of a scan, then turfed me out in the morning instead cos I felt a bit better. Eventually got an mri, and they found a cyst that they didn't think would have been causing my probs. Well anyway, getting checked again in August, and the symps haven't bothered me much since then (touch wood). But no tumour, presumably no stroke (I think mris show them), and no MS, so if all that was benign, then I'm sure your stuff is probably too.

The docs think it may have been just some strange migraine.

Ccat
24-06-13, 17:14
Hi Liviguy- I really understand where you're coming from!

\i have had weird sensations in my left arm for ages now- as you say numbeness/tingling- and it feels weak (it even feel shaky at times- which terrifies me-

same thing dr did strangth test- apparently arm is as strong as other one !

I had an mri just after christmas cos of bad headaches - tingling in right temple and left arm weirdness- it was ok! so i don't know what is going on!

I started sertraline about 5-6 weeks ao. It has helped me eat and sleep but i am wondeing if it is making these feelings worse!

I am currently waiting to have a test on ulnar nerve in left arm- as i wonder if it could be cubital tunel syndrome - (have had a very painful elbow at times- might be worth looking into for you too)?

I am terrified but it is good to hear i am nor the only one with these odd sensations!

best wishes to you, ccat x

Liviguy
24-06-13, 17:25
It drives me nuts. Even though the doc has reassured me the feeling is still on my mind and stressing me out. Until it goes completely I think I will carry on worrying.

Today, I also have a pain in my chest towards my left side. More cause for concern.

It never ends.

Ccat
24-06-13, 17:33
I know hun. I try to distract myself but then the symptoms start up and it sets me off again. I don't know what to suggest- sometimes going fro a walk in the park helps me mentally? It is odd quite a few people seem to get these left sided symptoms x

CharlieM
24-06-13, 17:49
Livi,

I am with you too, as Freaked and ccat will vouch. There are a number of us on here who have this left-sided issue.

I agree with both of them, that it is more likely to be muscular or nerve related pain than anything else.

You've had the basic neuro tests that the GP does, and he isn't concerned.

Does it get worse during the day or if you are busy do you not notice as much?

Charlie

Liviguy
24-06-13, 17:55
It's hard to say really as I am constantly thinking of it. I can't seem to throw my thoughts into anything else just now.