PDA

View Full Version : Yay it's WIMBLEDON!!!!

Tessar
24-06-13, 20:07
Anyone else into the tennis?????

I've got the highlights in, someone please tell Nadal, to stop picking at his shorts!!!!

Someone else tell the players NOT to grunt!!!!

Annie0904
24-06-13, 20:08
Oh I hate them making those silly noises...it puts me off watching it!

ricardo
24-06-13, 20:11
I live on top of it now. Mega crowds here.Can't believe Nadal lost in straight sets.

Turn the volume down Annie :) it's a spectacle.

Moley
24-06-13, 20:12
Well no need to tell Nadal off now he didn't make it through.
Will be watching as much as I can though. Looking out for the seniors with Bahrami that is always a laugh.

Annie0904
24-06-13, 20:17
I have to admit I have never been a big fan of tennis. I was rubbish at sports at school and I think I only ever managed to hit the ball once in tennis. It went straight over the tennis court, over the fence that went round the school and down the bank into the stream. I ended up having to do a cross country run to retrieve the ball. :roflmao:

ricardo
24-06-13, 20:20
Well one can have a choice of viewing tonight.

The man with the 10 Stone Testicles is on channel 4 tonight at 9.00 p.m.:ohmy:

Anyone for tennis :)

Tessar
24-06-13, 20:44
Sharapova is grunting now, what a racket (haa haa haa)!!

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

Despite the noise, I shall stick to the tennis, I saw in the tv mag about that chap's monster testicle ..... I'm glad he got it sorted but I don't fancy looking at it!! I am a bit better at tennis Annie but I preferred badminton.....(shuttlecocks not horse trials)

Can't believe Nadal is out. Will this stir up Murray fever????

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

Oooh it's Murray......

Annie0904
24-06-13, 20:47
I am going to watch Long Lost Families even though it will probably make me cry :)
I like badminton..it is one game I can play moderately well :)

ricardo
24-06-13, 20:48
I was never really sure if Murray would make it right to the top.He would still have to play Federer in the semis if they both got through,but now he has an outstanding chance.

Tessar
24-06-13, 21:02
ricardo; I felt much the same about Murray. I said earlier this might be his best chance. It would be great if he could win. This is the only tennis I watch all year!

Roll out the tissues for Annie..... :weep: :weep: :weep:

AuntieMoosie
25-06-13, 00:15
Message for admin............

I think this thread need monitoring.........it says Wimbledon but it's nothing about Wimbledon really :winks:

There seems to be an undercurrent in here............some sort of obsession with "balls" :ohmy: :winks: and a man with "10 Stone Testicles" :ohmy: and I don't think he'll be playing much tennis at Wimbledon :ohmy: :winks: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'm actually not a sports fan at all, I was useless in all of it at School, never even won the egg and spoon race!! and never once, in all my tries, did I ever make it over that damn horse thing...........used to run up, jump and land right on the middle of it :doh: :roflmao:

Tessar
25-06-13, 07:59
Oh moosie, u do make me laugh.....!!!!!!

Annie0904
25-06-13, 12:13
Auntie Moosie that is just like me! I never got over that horse thing either and the high jump scared me silly! I even had to leave Brownies because I couldn't jump over the toadstool! Oh the traumas off life. I was always the last to be picked in team games and then the team captain would moan if she ended up with little me :(

Spot-the-frog
25-06-13, 12:27
:roflmao:

This thread made me giggle!

I am not really into tennis but will dip in and out of Wimbledon, would love Murray to win this year.

Magic
25-06-13, 16:26
I remember watching Wimbledon on my sisters TV years ago. Take my knitting.
I loved it then. John Mac'enroe (cannot spell) was my favourite because he always made a fuss. The finals -oh dear I got so het up about them.
Nowadays don't bother so much-but I hope Andy wins this time.

AceOfSpades
25-06-13, 16:29
Please Please someone Knock Andy Murray out

40 - Love :D

Is it me or are the women players getting better looking lol

Tessar
25-06-13, 18:15
Back in the days of Bjorn Borg, I was too busy watching the final burned our kettle dry and ruined the element. I got distracted!!! I didn't like Jimmy Connors..... Probably because he grunted. I always wanted Henman to win but unfortunately physically I don't think he was big enough. Andy Murray ..... Well physically he seems to have it. Psychologically.... I really hope so and would love to see him win.
Awwwwwwww wot's wrong with him, AceOfSpades? I haven't seen enough of the ladies to pass opinion but promise to take a look!!

Annie0904
25-06-13, 19:53
Ah now your talking...that is one time I really did get into the tennis..Bjorn Borg :D

ricardo
25-06-13, 20:02
I love tennis and my two youngest played county level.The trouble it is still an elitest sport and Wimbledon make 75 million during this fortnight and put 0.75 million back into the junior game,that's why we don''t produce great players in abundance.

Having said that the British crowd are the fairest I have ever seen at any Grand Slam.

How many more grand Slams would Borg have won if he didn't retire at 26 ?

Tessar
25-06-13, 20:28
I didn't know he was that young when he retired.......

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

Well done Laura Robson!!

Hallmark
25-06-13, 22:20
Love Wimbledon, pleased to see Laura Robson win.

Tessar
26-06-13, 21:09
Wow Federer lost!!!!!!!
There were loads of retirements....thro' injury

Hallmark
26-06-13, 23:01
I know, I can't keep up today.

Tessar
27-06-13, 21:07
Rain stopped play today later on, except centre court as they have the roof now.

Tessar
28-06-13, 19:48
C'mon Murray!!!!

Well done Laura Robson!!!

ricardo
29-06-13, 08:55
Well Murray really has an outstanding chance to win Wimbledon.

He appears to be mentally more composed, his game has improved under the guidance of Lendl, is adhering himself more to the general public than he did a few years ago and I wish him all the best.

Tessar
29-06-13, 18:26
Yay for Laura again!!!!!!

AuntieMoosie
30-06-13, 00:04
Well I know that I don't really watch it, but I do catch the highlights on the news..........

So go Murray!! GO...........take the title, you can do it!!!!!:yesyes:

ricardo
02-07-13, 06:47
I felt for Laura Robson yesterday as she could easily have won. Someone once told me that being a great tennis player is 50% ability and 50% having the mental aptitude to close out games.
She was visibly upset but will learn a lot from this match and I am sure in the not too distant future will be a force to be reckoned with.

Tessar
02-07-13, 08:54
yes I felt for Laura Robson too. she's only 19 and definitely will have learned alot. also nowt wrong with her being upset as that will endear her to the public. her mental aptitude will now be stronger as next time she'll be familiar with what it feels like at that stage of the tournament. who knows, one day!!!!!

Tessar
04-07-13, 10:27
Did anyone watch the fantastic andy murray????? It was sooooooooooo nerve wracking..... iwas shouting at the telly!!! So glad he won.... he was brilliant.

Tessar
05-07-13, 19:04
C'mon ANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tessar
06-07-13, 21:35
Genre at ladies final today. Pity that Lisicki was so nervous but as Marion Bartoli said afterwards, Lisicki will be back (she was also gracious winner as she sympathised with the tearful Lisicki, saying she knows how it feels to lose a Wimbledon final).

So it's THE BIG ONE tomorrow. C'mon Braveheart.......

Annie0904
07-07-13, 17:27
Well I have to say the only tennis I have watched is the final today and my nerves were so on edge. I cried when he won! :D

t0rt01se36
07-07-13, 17:45
Just goes to show that Great Britain still has it's grit, pride and determination to succeed after the Olympics.

Well done Andy Murray !!!!!:D:yesyes::shades::yahoo:

Tessar
07-07-13, 20:35
Stress isn't the word for it, my partner was threatening to take blood pressure because I was soooooo stressed!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!! I can't believe Mr Murray!!!! He won...... He won!!!!!! It's so cooooolllll!!!!!

I could very very easily have cried it ssooo stressful especially that last game....!

AuntieMoosie
07-07-13, 21:29
Big CONGRATULATIONS TO ANDY MURRAY!!!!!! :yesyes:

You did us, and yourself, proud :yesyes:

It was a long time coming, but like they say, good things will come to those who wait :yesyes:

Enjoy your triumph Andy, who I think is soon to become Sir Andy and well deserved too :yesyes:

Wooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Annie0904
07-07-13, 21:51

Vanilla Sky
07-07-13, 22:43
Well done Andy , absolutely amazing , Proud to be Scottish :D

Rennie1989
09-07-13, 17:27
Well done to Murray! Weirdest thing was when our train arrived at Wimbledon trainstation Murray won the tournament. We're a good omen!

Magic
09-07-13, 17:39
Annie,
Thank you for putting the picture of Andy up. I have watched Andy all through Wimbledon fortnight. I was so pleased he won.:)