PDA

View Full Version : Please helpTight chest after food and drink :-(

sunflower7
24-06-13, 20:16
I have started to get a tight feeling in my chest after eating or drinking. I am scared of whats causing it. It's not like heartburn, it kind of feels heavy like the liquid sits there. Difficult to describe. Also when I eat French bread it feels as if it takes a long time to go down my throat as if it sits in my chest for a lite while. I am so scared. I am also getting a lot of de ja vu which is scaring me :-( please help.

mrslala
24-06-13, 22:10
Hi there!!

Hope you are feeling a bit better now. I had this really bad for a few months last year.... it was actually acid reflux every time I ate similar to heartburn or indegestion!It made me so anxious but I had to cut out pastries, anything fresh bread, spicy food and cut down on alcohol and it helped so much

Have you tried rennies or something Over the counter first to see if that gives you relief? :) my doc gave me ranitidine tablets and helped me so much

x hope you feel better soon

Freaked
24-06-13, 22:14
Oh man do I get this. Have it right now. Sounds like fairly regular indigestion to me, though it could be a bit of gastroparesis, where food sits in your stomach too long. You can get a bit of it with anxiety.

Stormsky
24-06-13, 22:15
Acid reflux ...hurts like crazy

sunflower7
24-06-13, 23:05
I thought acid reflux was heartburn? I'm not getting much heartburn. Thanks for your help, nice to hear other people been there x