PDA

View Full Version : MS anxiety

Leafmealone
24-06-13, 20:26
Hi all! So lately I've been obsessively worrying about multiple sclerosis. I am 20 years old and I live in Southern California. The reasons why I'm worried are because I had a vitamin D deficiency at one point :/ and lately I've been experiencing neurological sensations such as tingly feelings on my face and sometimes thighs or fingertips. The tingling does not last very long and occur randomly. I also get random sharp shooting pains in my foot every now and then. I am diagnosed with panic and generalized anxiety disorder and have bad health anxiety as well so maybe it's all in my head?? I mean, no one in my family has multiple sclerosis, but I'm still scared of that small chance that I could develop it :( my thoughts are consumed by this irrational fear of ms and I'm not sure what to do or who to talk to anymore (besides my therapist) oh, and I am also on medication for anxiety, I'm taking escitalopram 5mg right now, barely started this medication about 3 weeks ago with no known side affects. Someone please knock some sense into me and reassure me that this fear is just irrational :(

Edit: I might also add that I've been to the doctors multiple times this year for different reasons and each time I've gone, they've done what I think is a quick neurological exam to make sure everything is working fine, and they said that I'm perfectly healthy, and that my tingling and pinching pains were just paresthesia probably related to anxiety. If it was ms, would they have suspected something already?? Especially from the neuro exam??

nomorepanic
24-06-13, 21:00
Have a read of this:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42556