PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous hair dye phobia/thought

mrslala
24-06-13, 22:07
hi everyone

as some of you are aware, i have a huge hair dye phobia :( I dyed my hair for 7 years with the same brand, XXL live in blue black and never had problems.. so i started to see people having terrible reactions from hair dye and I have dyed it once in like 2 years

I was wondering if anyone could pleaseeeee help me.... if you used this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DISPOSABLE-HIGHLIGHTING-MAGIC-CAP-FREE-UK-POSTAGE-/261233619191?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Hair_Care_Brushes _Combs_PP&hash=item3cd2bcb0f7

but with the hair dye would that be OK????

thank you :(

Stormsky
24-06-13, 22:14
The cap is for highlighting isn't it?
I've used one many times.
But if your dying your whole head of hair you can't use that.
If you've dyed your hair for years you won't suddenly get a problem, well I haven't, and I dye mine.

mrslala
24-06-13, 22:37
Thank you Stormysky:)

Your right it is for highlighting but wondered whether i would be able to use it rather than get the dye on my scalp? I am just really scared after the horror stories I saw in the newspaper which has developed into this anxiety fear ;-(

Stormsky
24-06-13, 22:45
It will only streak your hair though , won't do the whole head , so if you just want streaks then yes, it will protect scalp.

nomorepanic
24-06-13, 22:46
If you have never had a problem before it is highly unlikely you will start getting one now.

I say just do it or at least do a patch test if you are that worried.

almamatters
25-06-13, 07:16
As you know I have the same phobia, the cap idea looks ok, but I think the dye would miss your roots and would not be an all over even colour. Might be worth a try if you are desperate to dye it though. Have you thought of having highlights done at the hairdressers? I had this done last year and felt more confident as the dye was not touching my scalp. :hugs: xxx