PDA

View Full Version : Help

belle
06-10-06, 22:40
Until 8 weeks ago i was "living" with my agoraphobia quite nicely. I'm not able to do much, but i wasn't having any panic attacks, but then i had a lot of crap in my personal life with "friends" being really mean, tand i slumped into depression. Slowly the last 2 weeks i've been feeling better on that front, but anxiety, agoraphobia and panic is A LOT worse. I am feeling exhausted all the time, i am having headaches everyday, and today on top of all that i am feeling like i am floating - i know it sounds strange but it feels even worse...lol!
I really didn't want to go out today to do my shopping (even with my mother). I floated round Sainsburys in a daze - i just don't know what to do :(

SarahC

Lynnann
06-10-06, 22:59
Hi sarah,

You will be feeling worse at the moment as you have personal issues to deal with as well! Have you seen your GP maybe some medication will help until your symptoms settle down a bit. Really hope you start to feel better soon!

Hugs to you

Lynnann

jodie
06-10-06, 23:06
hiya sarah

i feel like this a lot and know others that do try not to worry i know its hard but all these feelings lots of others have remember that you will be fine .
i oftern feel tired and havent done anyhting , bad head ,dont want to do much but you have to keep trying and not to give up .
jodie xx

surreylady
06-10-06, 23:08
Ive had that floating feeling too, dont worry too much, its just stress and will pass when things calm down. try to get rest and relax as much as possible, I know you felt bad at the supermarket but you still went and got through it so well done.

all the best to you

mandy xxx

positive attitude brings positive results

clickaway
06-10-06, 23:54
Hi Sarah,

Please try and accept this as a crap phase of your anxiety and focus on the belief that things will get better, because they *will*

I find that the smallest 'problem' can be amplified out of all proportion.

Don't be trapped in your own home, but once in a while we are allowed to treat a day as a "write off"

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Sue K with 5
07-10-06, 01:45
Hi sarah

I have agoraphobia and I know how hard it is to deal with that and personal problems on top, its hell, but you will come through this and when you do you will realise it is just anxiety. Dont give into it

I am certain you will soon see the wood through the trees very soon

Take care and big hugs being sent to you

sue
xxxx

scknight

Granny Primark
07-10-06, 08:50
hi sarah,

I too have experienced the feelings your having.
When you hear that other people are also experiencing the same and that the feelings you are getting are normal i think its easier to cope.
I hope you begin to feel better soon.

Take care
LYNN xx

monty
07-10-06, 16:31
Things will get better- you'll have good days and bad days. I had some really bad friends and they abandoned me about 5 years ago- then the panic attacks started! Hope it helps to know you're not alone.

Lucy:)

kirsten
07-10-06, 16:45
Well done in going out to the supermarket. I am a recovering agoraphobic and so really admire your strength in getting out there, particularly when you are feeling so rough. I get that floating feeling when I am mentally and physically exhausted and it sounds like you really need to look after yourself and give yourself a good rest and sleep. In the past I have been prescribed temporary tranquilisers from my GP to help this healing process. I hope you feel better soon.
Kirsten xxx:)

belle
07-10-06, 18:20
Hi all..
Thanks for your replies, i appreciate them all.

Today i am still feeling headachey, not so tired thank goodness. I FORCED myself to go up the town with my husband, only to get there and have my BDD kick in and i completely lost it and flipped out. My husband threatened to leave my ON MY OWN and walk home (we drove up in the car, only minutes away!) After 30 minutes of screaming (in the car), weeping, panicking and him telling me he's leaving me (again) i did get around the town to get what i needed!!!!

I feel so crap and my husband WILL leave me.....very soon.

Sarah

kirsten
07-10-06, 19:50
What an awful day you have had, you poor thing. I hope that since this morning things have calmed down with your Husband. My Husband recently told my Mum that he was planning to leave me and so I can really relate to that awful feeling that you are going to be left. All I can say is I pulled out all the stops, saw my Dr got medication and counselling sorted and as much help as I could get. My Husband hasn't left me and we are getting on a lot better as he sees that I am making a big effort. I am not saying that you are not making an effort as you are obviously very strong because you still got your stuff in town. It's just that my Husband thinks I am doing this for him and feels that in all the chaos I really love him. The other thing I have done is try to be really kind to myself as it is not our fault that we suffer in such a dreadful way and deserve lots of TLC. I hope this is of some help. I always worry I have said the wrong thing! Take good care, all the best,
Kirstenxxx

belle
07-10-06, 20:12
Kirsten..
Question: Why should we have to prove ourselves to our husbands? Should they not love/support us regardless of how we are? God knows the poo i put up with from him!!!

Mine married me knowing full well i was agoraphobic, so why now is he saying that "its not what he wants?".

MEN!

Sarah x

kirsten
07-10-06, 20:15
I am sorry! I really don't express myself very well sometimes. Hope you are alright anyway.
Kirsten xxx

belle
07-10-06, 21:36
No No No.......Don't apologise.
Please don't think i am angry, 'cause i'm not!
I am MAD at the husband....not you.

Crap - sorry!

Sarah x

tam
08-10-06, 11:32
SARAH I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING A BIT BETTER .ITS REALLY HARD WHAT WE GO THROUGH AND I FEEL LIKE YOU SAID ALMOST EVERY DAY ESPECIALLY SHOPPING I HATE IT.BUT SOMETIMES ONLY RECENTLY I HAVE CHANGED THE WAY I THINK LIKE WHEN I FEEL A BIT DIZZY I STILL TRY TO GO AND THINK I CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT IT ISNT BEATING ME ANY MORE BUT IT IS HARD .PEOPLE SAY ITS ALL ABOUT RETRAINING YOUR BRAIN AND I THINK ITS TRUE .AS FOR HUBBY I THINK HE DOESNT UNDERSTAND ENOUGH OF WHAT YOU HAVE HE NEEDS MORE INFO ON IT .I HAVE GOT MY HUBBY TO LOOK THROUGH THE SITE HIMSELF AND JUST READ ABOUT THINGS IT OPENED UP HIS EYES ALOT HE STILL SAYS THINGS WRONG BUT UNLESS YOUVE ACTUALLY SUFFERED I DONT THINK YOU CAN TOTALLY UNDERSTAND.TC HOPE THIS HELPS A BIT.[:X]

monty
08-10-06, 12:51
God it must be really terrible to have a husband who doesn't understand. And reacts in a way that is really unhelpful. I agree with you that he should care for you anyway- it is a sickness just like any other and he should realise its very hard for you to sope and be more supportive!

Men indeed!

Hope things are a bit better now.

Lucy:)

belle
10-10-06, 08:41
I want an end to this hell :(

Granny Primark
10-10-06, 09:08
Sarah, just read your last post and its really worried me.
You are obviously suffering so much. Pse feel free to contact me and just maybe there is something i can do to help or at least give you some moral support.

Take care
LYNN xx

monty
10-10-06, 12:42
Oh, know just how you feel. Don't know what to say to help. Try to focus of something you enjoy doing- whenever I feel like life is getting too much for me I tend to watch one of my favourite DVDs. It really helps to have something to look forward to- even if its just the next episode of 'America's Next Top Model'- which it is for me!!!

Hope you're alright:)