PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attack???

meche
25-06-13, 10:52
I've had all my anxiety issues under control for a while now and life has been pretty good these past few months. I have had a few things on my mind lately but they are sorting themselves out. As silly as it sounds the one thing that is bugging me more than anything, is that I need to make a dentist appointment..... I HATE dentists! So anyway, this morning I'm at my desk, typing away when out of the blue I come over very lightheaded :ohmy:! All of a sudden my vision goes blurry, I feel sick and I'm moments from passing out. My colleague says I went deathly pale and starting sweating. This lasted about 2 minutes before it passed. Within 5 mintues I felt absolutely fine. That was one scary episode! Having never had a panic attack before I don't know if it was one or not. If it was.... why? I've worried about worse things before and never had one! I feel 100% now and carrying on as normal but that really spooked me! Confused.com! xx

nomorepanic
25-06-13, 11:47
It doesn't sound like a panic attack as such.

Have you eaten anything before this?

MerissaKay
25-06-13, 12:01
I agree with, nomorepanic.
It was definitely something else. These types of things can last anywhere from 10 minutes, to countless hours.

meche
25-06-13, 12:09
Thanks for the replies ladies. I hadn't eaten but that's not unusual for me. I usually eat something at work around 9:30'ish & I ate something immediately after. I don't feel unwell & although I still feel a little light-headed, it's a regular day. Someone suggested my sugar levels may have suddenly dropped - I really don't know. Strange!

MerissaKay
25-06-13, 12:14
Yes, it very well could be your sugar intake or something along those lines. I would definitely get it checked out though, just in case! Could be anything really. :winks:

Annie0904
25-06-13, 12:21
It sounds like it could be as others have said, a drop in sugar levels but I get similar feelings and just think it is a sudden wave of anxiety.

nomorepanic
25-06-13, 12:25
I thought sugar levels which is why I asked about food.

Caramel
25-06-13, 12:26
Bless you Meche, that must have been scary, but I agree with the others in that it sounds like your blood sugar level just dropped. That happens to me too and it feels horrible doesn't it?! Just make sure you've got something to hand like a banana (eating something like chocolate can make you feel better initially, but will make you feel horrible again after about 10 minutes) and snack on that and you should be absolutely fine. xxxx

Sorry to be personal, but could you be pregnant? xxxx

Oh, and I know exactly how you feel about the dentist, I'm going through all that myself t the moment, so sending :hugs:xxx

meche
25-06-13, 12:40
Thank you ladies.
Caramel; if it had happened 10 days ago I would have said possibly (my period was late) but that sorted itself out. Maybe next month!! I'm hoping it was just an episode but I'll keep an eye on how I'm feeling.
Absolutely dreading making a dentist appt. I had an emergency partial root canal and temp filling last year and I was meant to make another appt to get it sorted but I didn't! Thing is - the filling has come out and got gaping hole in my tooth again....... :ohmy:! Can't wait :wacko:! xx

Caramel
25-06-13, 12:46
Stress and worry can do all sorts of funny things to you without you realising.

I totally sympathise about the dentist xxxx If the filling was a temporary one, it would always have come out at some point, so try not to worry too much about it. They'll probably put another one in to tide you over and then I expect they'll want to crown it at some point, that's the normal process. xx The best thing is that as it's a root canal, it shouldn't hurt to have it done because the nerve is dead, so no injections should be involved at all. :) In the meantime, try to keep it as clean as you can.

I've got all sorts of horrible things going on with my teeth thanks to some very dodgy dentistry years ago, so I've got loads to come. Got an appointment Thursday and I'm absolutely dreading it too!:unsure::weep:

meche
25-06-13, 13:21
Thanks for the advice Caramel. Luckily it doesn't hurt yet but I remember how painful it was last time so sooner rather than later I think! I don't mind the injections & once I'm in the chair I'm usually ok - it's the anticipation of it that scares me! I hate anything clinical.
Will be thinking of you on Thursday :bighug1::bighug1:xxxx