PDA

View Full Version : having a panic attack please help me

angelical-dreamer
27-06-04, 02:25
im having a panic attack well i dont know if its a panic attack or anxiety attack i think its anxiety attack i cant distinguish both of them i get the m confused. im home by myself right now and my parents went out and im freaking out at the moment i dont know what to do i really need to distract myself right now and i dont know what to do right now i might try calling a crisis hotline right now cause usually talking to someone helps me when i feel like this , but what else do you recommend?

love always maria

If you can dream it you can do it.
You are not alone

hem
27-06-04, 02:48
talk to me... i really should be in bed.. breath ( i try the breathing method of using the diagphram to breath in to the count of 7 then out to the count of 11 ) or try holding your breath .. try to focus your mind on something else. and talk to other people . people on the hotline or people on here what ever keeps your mind of the attck

Rennie1989
27-06-04, 16:59
maria

the best thing to do is to think of sumot ova den panic, anxiuty etc. destract urself wid a film or a tv programme, sumot boring helps.

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

Caitlyn89
27-06-04, 19:25
Hey Maria,

I've been where you been. Actually it was only 2 days ago lol. I was thinking i was going to be sick (as usual) and i was home all alone and i started panicking. Usually i try the breathing exercises but if your like me they dont always work. So the best way to ease your panick is to distract myself. I called my mom on her cell phone and talked to her then i talked to my uncle and by the time my mom came home i was still apprehensive but i calmer then before. If you cant call a friend or family memeber then i would call the crisis hotline. Just to talk to someone. Also a good thing to do is to take minimal sips of cool water. Might help relax you. Hope you feel better
Caitlyn

diana
28-06-04, 02:56
Hiya Angelical-Dreamer,

Welcome aboard. So pleased to have you here.

So sorry to hear that you were in the midst of an attack.

I do hope you are feeling better today though.

You had some very good replies and suggestions. Did you try any of them and did they help you out a bit?

It sounds as though you coped very well. :) You did everything you were supposed to do. Well done dear.

I agree, the best thing in the moment of an attack is 'DISTRACTION'.

Post to let us know how you are today dear.

HEM..................

I just wanted to welcome you aboard as well.

Thanks for jumping in and helping Maria in her time of need. :)

It helps soooo much when we have someone that has experienced what we are going through to talk with.

Caitlyn......................

Well done you, for coping so well through your attack.

Hoping all of you are well and anxiety/panic free today. :)

Loadsa love, Diana xxx